Hulu LLC in talks with Time Warner Inc. to sell an ownership stake
According to reports, online streaming service Hulu LLC is apparently holding talks with Time Warner Inc. for the sale of an ownership stake in the service.
If the reported move materializes, Time Warner inc. will become the fourth investor in Hulu LLC, which is already co-owned by three bigwig media companies --- 21st Century Fox Inc., Walt Disney Co.; and Comcast Corp.’s NBCUniversal.
According to the information shared by unidentified sources familiar with the matter, the ownership stake-related talks between Hulu and Time Warner are presently in the preliminary stages. The sources also revealed that Hulu approached Time Warner with the ownership-stake proposition nearly two months back.
The disclosure by the sources, the condition of anonymity, implies that, as of now, there is no surety of whether Hulu and Time Warner will reach an agreement. However, in case a deal works out between the two companies, Hulu will reportedly be valued at more than $5 billion.
About the significance of Time Warner becoming the fourth investor in Hulu LLC, Paul Sweeney – a Bloomberg Intelligence analyst – said: “With Time Warner in the mix, it is hard to see a scenario where Hulu doesn’t become a more meaningful competitor to Netflix.”
- Majority of Americans want COVID-19 vaccine on market before visiting Las Vegas: Macquarie Survey
- Nevada man arrested for trespassing after he allegedly refused to wear face mask at Hard Rock Casino Bar
- Stakelogic’s Dragons & Magic video slot takes players through dark forest full of mysteries
- Colorado reports $25.6 million revenue for first month of legal sports betting
- Scientific Games urges Rhode Island lawmakers to reopen bidding for instant lottery ticket contract
New Zealand News
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More