Report: Sega working on 'Valkyria Chronicles' sequel and remaster for PS4
Popular Japanese magazine Famitsu has revealed in its latest issue that Sega is working on a sequel of ‘Valkyria Chronicles’ tactical role-playing game for the PlayStation 4 (PS4) console, as well as a remaster of the original game for the same console.
The original ‘Valkyria Chronicles’ game was first launched by Sega in 2008, for the PS3 console. The game is set in a fantasized version of WWII Europe. The game has seen the release of multiple versions in Japan over the years, along with an anime and two sequels on the PSP console.
Going by the Famitsu report, the sequel of the ‘Valkyria Chronicles’ game will be titled ‘Valkyria: Azure Revolution.’ The sequel will be distinctly different from the original ‘Valkyria Chronicles’ game in terms of the fact that while the original game utilized a turned based combat system, the sequel will utilize “a real-time battle system with added simulation elements.” The sequel will hit PS4 in Japan in winter of 2016.
Meanwhile, so far as the remaster of the original ‘Valkyria Chronicles’ game is concerned, the report has revealed that the remaster is scheduled for launch in Japan in February 2016. However, the launch date of the remaster version for the Western markets has not yet been confirmed by Sega.
According to the details shared by Sega, the forthcoming ‘Valkyria Chronicles’ Remaster will feature “high-resolution graphics,” along with “downloadable content and trophies.” In addition, the remaster will also come with access to a demo for the newly announced console sequel.
- Colorado Casinos get green signal to reopen next week
- U.S. Authorities Grant Approval for Tribal Casino in Park City
- Washington’s Puyallup Tribe opens new-fangled $400 million Emerald Queen Casino Tacoma
- Ohio Governor DeWine allows casinos and racinos to resume operations on June 18th
- Drew Las Vegas casino resort project’s future becomes uncertain as developer defaults on debt obligations
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
- The Star Sydney Hotel & Casino signs new 20-year tax agreement with EGM exclusivity
- Air New Zealand plans to shed 2,000 more jobs to deal with low demand
- Macau Gambling King Stanley Ho passes away aged 98
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More
At the CES 2016 event to be held in Las Vegas from...Read More
In an announcement made on Tuesday, Disney Research...Read More