Square Prices Its Initial Public Offering at Level Lower Than Earlier Indicated
Mobile payment startup Square Inc priced its initial public offering (IPO) at a level lower than what it indicated earlier. As per some analysts, the company’s debut on the stock exchange will help known how public markets will evaluate high-profile private startups.
Online dating company Match Group has also faced investor jitters on Wednesday after it announced that it had priced its IPO of over 33 million shares at$12 per share.
Shares of the operator of Tinder and other dating products are expected to start trading Thursday on the NASDAQ Global Select Stock Market.
The San Francisco based Square Inc will be pricing 27 million shares at $9 per share, which is lower than what it indicated. It said that it was targeting $11 to $13 price in a filing earlier this month to the US Securities and Exchange Commission.
The IPO price also provided square a valuation of $2.9 billion, which is far lower than its $6 billion valuation when it raised funds privately last year, according to the New York Times.
It is expected that shares of the company will start trading on Thursday on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol ‘SQ.’ and the offering is expected to close on November 24.
Square which was started in 2009 generates transaction revenue as a percentage of transaction volumes through the merchants. It also offers other services like its food delivery service Caviar and its cash advance service Square Capital.
- Majority of Americans want COVID-19 vaccine on market before visiting Las Vegas: Macquarie Survey
- Nevada man arrested for trespassing after he allegedly refused to wear face mask at Hard Rock Casino Bar
- Stakelogic’s Dragons & Magic video slot takes players through dark forest full of mysteries
- Colorado reports $25.6 million revenue for first month of legal sports betting
- Scientific Games urges Rhode Island lawmakers to reopen bidding for instant lottery ticket contract
New Zealand News
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More