Abercrombie & Fitch Co. soars most in three years after third-quarter revenue topped analysts’ Estimates
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. has climbed the most in 3 years after third quarter revenue topped the estimates of analysts. Rebounding sales at its Hollister unit proved helpful in soaring. In a statement on Friday, the New Albany, Ohio-based company said that revenue in the quarter was $878.6 million.
Although it was 3.6% down from a year earlier, it has topped $862.8 million average projection of analysts. The results have shown that the turnaround strategy of Abercrombie has started gaining traction, mainly at its younger, Southern California-inspired Hollister brand.
The company has introduced fresh, stylish products and updated stores, at both the Hollister and Abercrombie units, and has turned down the music and raised the lights for bringing customers back.
During the Q3, comparable sales at Hollister, which accounts for over half of the revenue of Abercrombie has gone up by 3%. Analysts had projected a 1.1% drop.
In an interview, Abercrombie Chairman Arthur Martinez said even then, after dismal reports from mall-based competitors such as Macy’s Inc. and Gap Inc., the company has been taking a cautious view of the Q4, which will be possibly characterized by high promotions and slow foot traffic. The company is estimating that Q4 comparable sales will be slightly changed.
Martinez said, “We’ve had good growth in our conversions once we get them in store, but pure traffic number is challenge for all tenants in the mall. When it comes to our investors, being any more ambitious in our outlook would have been a mistake”.
- Majority of Americans want COVID-19 vaccine on market before visiting Las Vegas: Macquarie Survey
- Nevada man arrested for trespassing after he allegedly refused to wear face mask at Hard Rock Casino Bar
- Stakelogic’s Dragons & Magic video slot takes players through dark forest full of mysteries
- Colorado reports $25.6 million revenue for first month of legal sports betting
- Scientific Games urges Rhode Island lawmakers to reopen bidding for instant lottery ticket contract
New Zealand News
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More