Google updates its app for iOS; adds support for 3D Touch and iPad multitasking
Google has recently announced the release of a new update for its main app for the iOS platform. The updated Google app for iOS boasts the addition of some noteworthy features, including support for 3D Touch and iPad multitasking --- two features which are solely focused on Apple-centric functions.
The addition of 3D Touch support to the Google app for iOS implies that Google has given the users a functionality which is compatible with one of the most significant features –3D Touch – of Apple’s newest iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus handsets.
With 3D Touch support having been added to Google app for iOS, a hard press by the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus users on the Google app icon will now display a set of shortcuts, including Search, Image Search and Voice Search.
The inclusion of iPad multitasking support, meanwhile, will give the users of the updated Google iOS app the ability to take advantage of the Split View and Slide Over features on the Apple tablet. The feature will essentially enable users to use the Google app side-by-side with another app.
In addition to support for 3D Touch and iPad multitasking, the updated Google app for iOS also comes with support for holiday hours in local search results. As a result of the new feature, the app will unfold local search results that yield holiday hours and information, so that users can avoid going Christmas shopping during the busiest times of the day.
- Majority of Americans want COVID-19 vaccine on market before visiting Las Vegas: Macquarie Survey
- Nevada man arrested for trespassing after he allegedly refused to wear face mask at Hard Rock Casino Bar
- Stakelogic’s Dragons & Magic video slot takes players through dark forest full of mysteries
- Colorado reports $25.6 million revenue for first month of legal sports betting
- Scientific Games urges Rhode Island lawmakers to reopen bidding for instant lottery ticket contract
New Zealand News
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More