Elon Musk and Some Well Known Tech Titans Donate $1billion to AI Research Group Open AI
A new research group named Open AI this week has been given a grant of $1 billion by Elon Musk and some other tech titans in a watershed moment for artificial intelligence.
SpaceX and Tesla CEO Elon Musk in a joint effort with Y Combinator president Sam Altman, LinkedIn co-founder Reid Hoffman, and Musk’s PayPal co-founder Peter Thiel, hope that this donation will help Open AI to function freely without worrying about generating a financial return.
Open AI representatives said in a press release that as a non-profit, their main aim is to create value for everyone rather than being restricted only to shareholders.
“Researchers will be strongly encouraged to publish their work, whether as papers, blog posts, or code and our patents will be shared with world. We’ll freely collaborate with others across institutions and will work with companies to research and deploy new technologies”, the company said.
Although the company has received a grant of $1 billion, it is still not sure exactly how OpenAI will build value or will collaborate with others outside of just plain research.
Open AI agrees on the point that the outcome of the organization is unknown and the road they have chosen will not be easy to navigate.
The company knows that it is hard to predict the development of human-level AI but it still hopes to stay one step ahead with the creation of its ‘leading research institution’.
- New ET7 Electric Sedan Brings NIO Closer To Fully Autonomous Driving Capability
- Massachusetts Governor Baker’s 25% capacity rule is death warrant for Casinos: Richard McGowan
- San Diego Tribal Casinos refute report blaming them of spreading COVID-19
- Tennessee reports robust $131.4 million sports betting handle in November
- Nikola Motor electric waste management truck deal with Republic Services cancelled
New Zealand News
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
- Top Live Casinos in India and Pure Casino Signup Offer
- Independent MP Justin Field making efforts to prevent NSW from compensating Crown Resorts
- President-elect Biden’s Climate Plan to provide big boost to EVs and green power
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More