LG to unveil robotic vacuum cleaner with AR technology at CES 2016
Bigwig South Korean device maker LG plans to show off its new robotic vacuum cleaner with augmented reality (AR) technology at the CES 2016 event to be held in January.
The robotic vacuum cleaner to be introduced by LG is called HOM-BOT Turbo+. The vacuum cleaner will unfold a novel approach by the manufacturer to show how AR technology can potentially be used in homes.
The main difference between most of the existing robot vacuum cleaners and LG’s upcoming HOM-BOT Turbo+ robotic vacuum cleaner is that while currently-available vacuum cleaners use sophisticated mapping systems, the LG device connects to a companion smartphone app for cleaning-related instructions.
The LG HOM-BOT Turbo+ robot vacuum cleaner will not depend only on lasers or onboard cameras to figure out where to clean. Rather, the device will be able to move to specific areas for extra cleaning when the users – with the help of the companion smartphone app – point their handset’s camera to those areas.
The built-in sensors of the HOM-BOT Turbo+ vacuum cleaner will give the device the capability to determine the places which it has already cleaned. The front camera of the vacuum cleaner will also serve as a security feature, to allow users to view a live feed from the vacuum cleaner on their smartphones, or to receive photos when the vacuum detects movement.
- Colorado Casinos get green signal to reopen next week
- U.S. Authorities Grant Approval for Tribal Casino in Park City
- Washington’s Puyallup Tribe opens new-fangled $400 million Emerald Queen Casino Tacoma
- Ohio Governor DeWine allows casinos and racinos to resume operations on June 18th
- Drew Las Vegas casino resort project’s future becomes uncertain as developer defaults on debt obligations
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
- The Star Sydney Hotel & Casino signs new 20-year tax agreement with EGM exclusivity
- Air New Zealand plans to shed 2,000 more jobs to deal with low demand
- Macau Gambling King Stanley Ho passes away aged 98
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More
At the CES 2016 event to be held in Las Vegas from...Read More
In an announcement made on Tuesday, Disney Research...Read More