NASA Studies Various Climate Change Factors
A study undertaken by NASA has revealed that the impact of different factors on the climate differs across the world. The study stated that increase in the global temperatures in future must be studied by taking into account the impact of various natural and man-made factors on climate. The study reports that conclusions about the impact of various factors cannot be generalized across the countries.
Assess the modifications in the climate, the Transient Climate Response (TCR) and Equilibrium Climate Sensitivity (ECS) of Earth have to be calculated by the researchers. Both the parameters are estimated changes in global mean surface temperature as a result of atmospheric carbon dioxide increasing twofold, across various time periods. TCR is calculated over short term, while ECS is calculated for long term subsequent to climate system achieving equilibrium and temperatures stabilizing.
To calculate the above parameters, researchers simplified assumptions and did not include any other factors, apart from carbon dioxide, that affect climate, like aerosols. “The problem with that approach is that it falls way short of capturing the individual regional impacts of each of those variables,” said Climate Scientist Gavin Schmidt, the Director of Nasa's Goddard Institute for Space Studies (Giss) in New York and a co-author on the study.
Researchers have assessed the affect of various factors, like greenhouse gases, natural and manmade aerosols, ozone concentrations, and land use changes, on temperature through the data available for the period 1850-2005. The study revealed that each factor affected the temperature under a particular set of conditions.
- New ET7 Electric Sedan Brings NIO Closer To Fully Autonomous Driving Capability
- Massachusetts Governor Baker’s 25% capacity rule is death warrant for Casinos: Richard McGowan
- San Diego Tribal Casinos refute report blaming them of spreading COVID-19
- Tennessee reports robust $131.4 million sports betting handle in November
- Nikola Motor electric waste management truck deal with Republic Services cancelled
New Zealand News
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
- Top Live Casinos in India and Pure Casino Signup Offer
- Independent MP Justin Field making efforts to prevent NSW from compensating Crown Resorts
- President-elect Biden’s Climate Plan to provide big boost to EVs and green power
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More