NASA Studies Various Climate Change Factors
A study undertaken by NASA has revealed that the impact of different factors on the climate differs across the world. The study stated that increase in the global temperatures in future must be studied by taking into account the impact of various natural and man-made factors on climate. The study reports that conclusions about the impact of various factors cannot be generalized across the countries.
Assess the modifications in the climate, the Transient Climate Response (TCR) and Equilibrium Climate Sensitivity (ECS) of Earth have to be calculated by the researchers. Both the parameters are estimated changes in global mean surface temperature as a result of atmospheric carbon dioxide increasing twofold, across various time periods. TCR is calculated over short term, while ECS is calculated for long term subsequent to climate system achieving equilibrium and temperatures stabilizing.
To calculate the above parameters, researchers simplified assumptions and did not include any other factors, apart from carbon dioxide, that affect climate, like aerosols. “The problem with that approach is that it falls way short of capturing the individual regional impacts of each of those variables,” said Climate Scientist Gavin Schmidt, the Director of Nasa's Goddard Institute for Space Studies (Giss) in New York and a co-author on the study.
Researchers have assessed the affect of various factors, like greenhouse gases, natural and manmade aerosols, ozone concentrations, and land use changes, on temperature through the data available for the period 1850-2005. The study revealed that each factor affected the temperature under a particular set of conditions.
- Del Lago Casino’s furloughed worker creates petition to reopen as operator planning to lay off over 1,000 staff
- Oklahoma will have to bear cost of poorly negotiated gaming compact deal with Native American tribes: Governor Stitt
- Majority of Americans want COVID-19 vaccine on market before visiting Las Vegas: Macquarie Survey
- Nevada man arrested for trespassing after he allegedly refused to wear face mask at Hard Rock Casino Bar
- Stakelogic’s Dragons & Magic video slot takes players through dark forest full of mysteries
New Zealand News
- PAGCor suffers first-half deficit of $32.5 million due to corona virus-related closures
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More