More Americans Dying Due To Alcohol Addiction
A recent report has shown that alcohol is claiming higher number of lives in America. The rate at which people are dying due to alcohol consumption has not seen in past 35 years, according to a new federal data.
According to the report, in 2014, there were about 9.6 deaths from alcohol-induced causes, including alcohol poisoning and cirrhosis, per 100,000 people. The data shows an increase of 37% since 2002.
The data on the alcohol-induced fatalities excludes deaths from drunken driving, other accidents and homicides committed under the influence of alcohol, said experts. They said if these causes were included in the report, then the annual toll of deaths directly or indirectly caused by alcohol would be closer to 90,000, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
In past recent years, the public health experts have highly stressed on overdose deaths from heroin and prescription painkillers, which have risen rapidly since the early 2000s. But data showed that in 2014 more number of people died from alcohol-induced causes than from overdoses of prescription painkillers and heroin combined, said the CDC.
The total number of deaths from alcohol were 30, 722 whereas the total number of deaths from overdoses of prescription painkillers and heroin combined were 28, 647.
Philip J. Cook, a Duke University professor who studies alcohol consumption patterns and their effects, said, “Since the prevalence of heavy drinking tends to follow closely with per capita consumption, it is likely that one explanation for the growth in alcohol-related deaths is that more people are drinking more”.
- GM takes wraps off BrightDrop EV600 all-electric delivery van
- GM teases automobile enthusiasts with mysterious electric vehicles at CES
- New ET7 Electric Sedan Brings NIO Closer To Fully Autonomous Driving Capability
- Massachusetts Governor Baker’s 25% capacity rule is death warrant for Casinos: Richard McGowan
- San Diego Tribal Casinos refute report blaming them of spreading COVID-19
New Zealand News
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
- Top Live Casinos in India and Pure Casino Signup Offer
- Independent MP Justin Field making efforts to prevent NSW from compensating Crown Resorts
- President-elect Biden’s Climate Plan to provide big boost to EVs and green power
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More