Fiat Chrysler recalling 570,000 SUVs for fire risks in two campaigns
In an announcement made on Thursday, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV said that it is issuing a recall of 570,000 SUVs because of potential fire risks.
According to the announcement, Fiat Chrysler will recall 570,000 SUVs in two separate campaigns. One of the recalls pertains to 477,000 2011-2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango SUVs; while the other recall involves 93,000 2015 Jeep Compass and Patriot SUVs.
Going by the details shared by Fiat Chrysler, nearly 413,000 SUVs are being recalled in the US; 32,000 in Canada; 16,000 in Mexico; and 108,000 outside North America.
Announcing the recalls, Fiat Chrysler said that fire risks in the recalled SUVs result from two problems --- faulty wiring of the vanity mirror of the recalled Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango SUVs; and an out-of-position low-pressure hose of the Jeep Compass and Patriot SUVs.
The SUV recalls by Fiat Chrysler come at a time when US regulators are scrutinizing the company’s safety efforts. In an earlier-this-month statement, the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration had said that the automaker had, since 2003, not reported any crash deaths or injuries because of problems in its electronic system for monitoring and reporting safety data, and not because the company was intentionally withholding information.
- LG Chem to supply battery cells for Tesla’s Model Y electric SUV in China
- GiG extends sports-betting partnership with North Macedonia casino operator KAK DOO Skopje
- Payment Options for Indian Bettors on Online Casinos Operating in India
- Ohio’s Mahoning Valley Race Course cancels live horse racing for 2 weeks after employee tests positive for Covid-19
- Arcimoto creates new Roadster model by chopping top off 3-wheeled e-car’s top
New Zealand News
- Top Live Casinos in India and Pure Casino Signup Offer
- Independent MP Justin Field making efforts to prevent NSW from compensating Crown Resorts
- President-elect Biden’s Climate Plan to provide big boost to EVs and green power
- Almost 90% of new electricity production in 2020 will be renewable: EPA
- The Importance of Casinos to Cryptocurrencies
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More