Fiat Chrysler recalling 570,000 SUVs for fire risks in two campaigns
In an announcement made on Thursday, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV said that it is issuing a recall of 570,000 SUVs because of potential fire risks.
According to the announcement, Fiat Chrysler will recall 570,000 SUVs in two separate campaigns. One of the recalls pertains to 477,000 2011-2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango SUVs; while the other recall involves 93,000 2015 Jeep Compass and Patriot SUVs.
Going by the details shared by Fiat Chrysler, nearly 413,000 SUVs are being recalled in the US; 32,000 in Canada; 16,000 in Mexico; and 108,000 outside North America.
Announcing the recalls, Fiat Chrysler said that fire risks in the recalled SUVs result from two problems --- faulty wiring of the vanity mirror of the recalled Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango SUVs; and an out-of-position low-pressure hose of the Jeep Compass and Patriot SUVs.
The SUV recalls by Fiat Chrysler come at a time when US regulators are scrutinizing the company’s safety efforts. In an earlier-this-month statement, the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration had said that the automaker had, since 2003, not reported any crash deaths or injuries because of problems in its electronic system for monitoring and reporting safety data, and not because the company was intentionally withholding information.
- DraftKings signs deal with Casino Queen to offer sports betting services in Illinois
- San Manuel unveils new smoking, alcohol consumption guidelines amid soaring COVID-19 cases in Southern California
- US District Court Judge dismisses lawsuit questioning Texas tribal casino’s sovereign immunity
- JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs bullish on British bookmakers Flutter Entertainment and William Hill
- Tesla Model S ‘Long Range Plus’ offers 402 miles range on Single Charge
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
- The Star Sydney Hotel & Casino signs new 20-year tax agreement with EGM exclusivity
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More
At the CES 2016 event to be held in Las Vegas from...Read More
In an announcement made on Tuesday, Disney Research...Read More