Asus partners with Adblock Plus to integrate ad blocking into its mobile browser
According to a Motherboard report released this week, laptop and smartphone manufacturer Asus has worked out a partnership with ad-blocking form Adblock Plus to offer ad blocking as standard on its mobile devices in 2016.
The report has revealed that, as a result of the partnership between Asus and Adblock Plus, ad blocking will be available as a default option on Asus’ mobile devices sometime next year, with Adblock Plus baked into all the versions of the Asus Browser.
With ad blocking integrated into Asus mobile devices, the proprietary Asus Browser – which currently is used by nearly 15 million users - will be set to automatically block website ads. However, ads which appear on the ‘Acceptable Ads’ whitelist of Adblock Plus will not be blocked because these ads are not considered to be interruptive to the browsing experience.
The availability of Adblock Plus’ ad blocking mechanism as a default option on Asus’ mobile devices will be a noteworthy development, especially since it will give the Asus Browser an additional layer of protection against potential malware.
About Adblock Plus’ partnership with Asus, Till Faida -- co-founder and CEO of Adblock Plus – said in a statement provided to Motherboard: "We're extremely happy to team up with Asus, the first major hardware manufacturer to integrate ad blocking into their mobile devices. This is another call for innovation in the ad industry—a call getting louder by the day."
- Colorado Casinos get green signal to reopen next week
- U.S. Authorities Grant Approval for Tribal Casino in Park City
- Washington’s Puyallup Tribe opens new-fangled $400 million Emerald Queen Casino Tacoma
- Ohio Governor DeWine allows casinos and racinos to resume operations on June 18th
- Drew Las Vegas casino resort project’s future becomes uncertain as developer defaults on debt obligations
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
- The Star Sydney Hotel & Casino signs new 20-year tax agreement with EGM exclusivity
- Air New Zealand plans to shed 2,000 more jobs to deal with low demand
- Macau Gambling King Stanley Ho passes away aged 98
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More
At the CES 2016 event to be held in Las Vegas from...Read More
In an announcement made on Tuesday, Disney Research...Read More