Ferrari Recalls 185 Luxury California T Cars over Possible Fuel Leaks
Because of the risk of fuel leaks, Ferrari North America Inc. is recalling the 2016 California T convertibles it made over a two-month period this year. Recalling includes vehicles that were made from September 8 to November 11, 2015 and are at the risk of fuel line connection. On Tuesday, in an advisory on the website the U.S. National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration said the California Ts produced over two-month period have a low-pressure fuel line that doesn’t connect properly to the fuel-pump feed pipe, creating a fire risk. As per the advisory panel, the bad connection increases the risk of a fuel leak in the engine compartment, in turn increasing the risk of a fire.
In a defendable statement submitted to NHTSA, Ferrari blamed the low-pressure fuel line connection as a manufacturing defect made by supplier. More than 50 Ferrari dealers from Beverly Hills, California, to Philadelphia received notices to stop sales of the vehicles on Nov. 23. The model has a base price of $231,606. The good part is that the Company has notified owners of the 185 luxury cars potentially affected and dealers will replace the low-pressure fuel assembly at no cost.
According to sources, the latest recall began December 14 after Ferrari, which is owned by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles recalled nearly 800 cars to fix a problem with its Takata airbags over the summer in the United Sates. On the other hand, Ford is recalling some model year 2013 vehicles because of the fuel-delivery unit may crack and cause a fuel leak. Up to 868 cars are affected. The affected models are Ford Explorer, Flex, Taurus Police Interceptor and Taurus and Lincoln MKS and MKT. Ford will notify owners and pay to replace the defective unit.
- New ET7 Electric Sedan Brings NIO Closer To Fully Autonomous Driving Capability
- Massachusetts Governor Baker’s 25% capacity rule is death warrant for Casinos: Richard McGowan
- San Diego Tribal Casinos refute report blaming them of spreading COVID-19
- Tennessee reports robust $131.4 million sports betting handle in November
- Nikola Motor electric waste management truck deal with Republic Services cancelled
New Zealand News
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
- Top Live Casinos in India and Pure Casino Signup Offer
- Independent MP Justin Field making efforts to prevent NSW from compensating Crown Resorts
- President-elect Biden’s Climate Plan to provide big boost to EVs and green power
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More