Ferrari Recalls 185 Luxury California T Cars over Possible Fuel Leaks
Because of the risk of fuel leaks, Ferrari North America Inc. is recalling the 2016 California T convertibles it made over a two-month period this year. Recalling includes vehicles that were made from September 8 to November 11, 2015 and are at the risk of fuel line connection. On Tuesday, in an advisory on the website the U.S. National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration said the California Ts produced over two-month period have a low-pressure fuel line that doesn’t connect properly to the fuel-pump feed pipe, creating a fire risk. As per the advisory panel, the bad connection increases the risk of a fuel leak in the engine compartment, in turn increasing the risk of a fire.
In a defendable statement submitted to NHTSA, Ferrari blamed the low-pressure fuel line connection as a manufacturing defect made by supplier. More than 50 Ferrari dealers from Beverly Hills, California, to Philadelphia received notices to stop sales of the vehicles on Nov. 23. The model has a base price of $231,606. The good part is that the Company has notified owners of the 185 luxury cars potentially affected and dealers will replace the low-pressure fuel assembly at no cost.
According to sources, the latest recall began December 14 after Ferrari, which is owned by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles recalled nearly 800 cars to fix a problem with its Takata airbags over the summer in the United Sates. On the other hand, Ford is recalling some model year 2013 vehicles because of the fuel-delivery unit may crack and cause a fuel leak. Up to 868 cars are affected. The affected models are Ford Explorer, Flex, Taurus Police Interceptor and Taurus and Lincoln MKS and MKT. Ford will notify owners and pay to replace the defective unit.
- Nikola Motors puts hydrogen fuel-cell semi truck Badger project on back burner
- BMW expands vehicle recall over battery issue to more than 4,500 U.S. plug-in hybrids
- Karma Automotive announces attractive price tag & unique features for upcoming GSe-6 electric sedan
- Twin River acquires iconic Bally’s brand from Caesars Entertainment for $20 million
- Wynn Resorts’ Encore to close for 3 days a week due to low demand
New Zealand News
- The Importance of Casinos to Cryptocurrencies
- ACMA asks Fortune Clock Casino and Dinkum customers to withdraw funds or risk losing money permanently
- Mercedes-Benz’s upcoming EQ electric cars to allow users to choose the sound they want to vehicle to make
- Mohegan Gaming-led consortium reportedly files bid for license to build & operate Athens casino
- Eyas Gaming Ltd eager to enter Germany’s regulated online gaming space
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More