Ferrari Recalls 185 Luxury California T Cars over Possible Fuel Leaks
Because of the risk of fuel leaks, Ferrari North America Inc. is recalling the 2016 California T convertibles it made over a two-month period this year. Recalling includes vehicles that were made from September 8 to November 11, 2015 and are at the risk of fuel line connection. On Tuesday, in an advisory on the website the U.S. National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration said the California Ts produced over two-month period have a low-pressure fuel line that doesn’t connect properly to the fuel-pump feed pipe, creating a fire risk. As per the advisory panel, the bad connection increases the risk of a fuel leak in the engine compartment, in turn increasing the risk of a fire.
In a defendable statement submitted to NHTSA, Ferrari blamed the low-pressure fuel line connection as a manufacturing defect made by supplier. More than 50 Ferrari dealers from Beverly Hills, California, to Philadelphia received notices to stop sales of the vehicles on Nov. 23. The model has a base price of $231,606. The good part is that the Company has notified owners of the 185 luxury cars potentially affected and dealers will replace the low-pressure fuel assembly at no cost.
According to sources, the latest recall began December 14 after Ferrari, which is owned by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles recalled nearly 800 cars to fix a problem with its Takata airbags over the summer in the United Sates. On the other hand, Ford is recalling some model year 2013 vehicles because of the fuel-delivery unit may crack and cause a fuel leak. Up to 868 cars are affected. The affected models are Ford Explorer, Flex, Taurus Police Interceptor and Taurus and Lincoln MKS and MKT. Ford will notify owners and pay to replace the defective unit.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More