Boston Chipotle that sickened 136 students reopens

Boston Chipotle that sickened 136 students reopens

The Cleveland Circle Chipotle Mexican Grill restaurant that was forced to close after several college students and other people fell sick after eating there has reopened.

Chipotle Mexican Grill reopened and resumed normal operation over the holiday weekend, around three weeks after Boston’s health authorities ordered it to stop serving food to consumers.

Chris Arnold, a spokesperson for the company, said the restaurant was allowed to resume operations on Wednesday last week, but an unrelated water leakage issue delayed the reopening for additional few days.

The restaurant is very popular in the area. On Sunday, reporters interviewed a number of patrons coming out of the reopened eatery. Nikhil Shankar, a doctor at close by Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, said the new health bill issued by Boston officials was sufficient for him to feel contented eating at the Chipotle.

When asked if he was worried about health after eating at the reopened restaurant, Shankar said, “If I get sick, I get sick. Someone had to try it again.”

Health authorities had forced the restaurant to shut down operations after 136 Boston College students and other people got sick. Doctors determined that they got sick after eating food contaminated with norovirus, which is also known as winter vomiting bug. The norovirus infection is characterized by nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain and low-grade fever.

Popular Stories

Space debris poses big threat

Space junk created by humans’ space missions over... Read More

Fitbit Sales Surge during Christmas

Fitness-tracking device manufacturer Fitbit... Read More

Nintendo 2DS launching in Japan with four Pokemon-themed consoles

According to an announcement made on Pokemon's... Read More