Boston Chipotle that sickened 136 students reopens
The Cleveland Circle Chipotle Mexican Grill restaurant that was forced to close after several college students and other people fell sick after eating there has reopened.
Chipotle Mexican Grill reopened and resumed normal operation over the holiday weekend, around three weeks after Boston’s health authorities ordered it to stop serving food to consumers.
Chris Arnold, a spokesperson for the company, said the restaurant was allowed to resume operations on Wednesday last week, but an unrelated water leakage issue delayed the reopening for additional few days.
The restaurant is very popular in the area. On Sunday, reporters interviewed a number of patrons coming out of the reopened eatery. Nikhil Shankar, a doctor at close by Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, said the new health bill issued by Boston officials was sufficient for him to feel contented eating at the Chipotle.
When asked if he was worried about health after eating at the reopened restaurant, Shankar said, “If I get sick, I get sick. Someone had to try it again.”
Health authorities had forced the restaurant to shut down operations after 136 Boston College students and other people got sick. Doctors determined that they got sick after eating food contaminated with norovirus, which is also known as winter vomiting bug. The norovirus infection is characterized by nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain and low-grade fever.
- Del Lago Casino’s furloughed worker creates petition to reopen as operator planning to lay off over 1,000 staff
- Oklahoma will have to bear cost of poorly negotiated gaming compact deal with Native American tribes: Governor Stitt
- Majority of Americans want COVID-19 vaccine on market before visiting Las Vegas: Macquarie Survey
- Nevada man arrested for trespassing after he allegedly refused to wear face mask at Hard Rock Casino Bar
- Stakelogic’s Dragons & Magic video slot takes players through dark forest full of mysteries
New Zealand News
- PAGCor suffers first-half deficit of $32.5 million due to corona virus-related closures
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More