Quintuplets Born To Hawaii Couple Get Discharged from Hospital
Hawaii’s firsts surviving set of quintuplets were born on October 10 to a Hawaiian couple. The mother gave birth to four premature baby boys and a baby girl. All the babies were discharged from the hospital to spend their first Christmas at home with their mom and dad.
The quintuplets born at Kapiolani Medical Center in Honolulu, Hawaii were born premature and therefore doctors advised to keep them in hospital for up to three months to allow their lungs to fully develop.
Two of the babies were sent home on December 13, and another baby was sent home on Monday, and the final two were released from the hospital on Christmas Eve.
The couple named the identical boys as Kapena, Kaolu, Keahi and Kupono and the baby girl was named as Kamalii. These five are the Hawaii’s first surviving set of quintuplets, the Honolulu Star-Advertiser reported.
“It’s definitely the best Christmas gift we could have gotten, to have them home for Christmas”, mother Marcie Dela Cruz told reporters at Kapiolani Medical Centre for Women & Children.
The couple also has a two-year-old son named Makaio, who was conceived through in vitro fertilization, and the couple set aside several frozen embryos.
Marcie and husband Ray decided to give their son a sibling and in April had two of the embryos transferred. Al first they thought they were having twins but then one of the embryos split in half and later in half again, the couple said.
The babies weighed less than 3lbs each when they were born but are now up to between five and 8lbs.
- Nikola Motors puts hydrogen fuel-cell semi truck Badger project on back burner
- BMW expands vehicle recall over battery issue to more than 4,500 U.S. plug-in hybrids
- Karma Automotive announces attractive price tag & unique features for upcoming GSe-6 electric sedan
- Twin River acquires iconic Bally’s brand from Caesars Entertainment for $20 million
- Wynn Resorts’ Encore to close for 3 days a week due to low demand
New Zealand News
- The Importance of Casinos to Cryptocurrencies
- ACMA asks Fortune Clock Casino and Dinkum customers to withdraw funds or risk losing money permanently
- Mercedes-Benz’s upcoming EQ electric cars to allow users to choose the sound they want to vehicle to make
- Mohegan Gaming-led consortium reportedly files bid for license to build & operate Athens casino
- Eyas Gaming Ltd eager to enter Germany’s regulated online gaming space
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More