Apple’s device comprised 49.1% of new device activations in Dec 19-25 week
According to the statistics published by Yahoo-owned mobile analytics firm Flurry on Monday, Apple iPhone and iPad together accounted for more than 49 percent of all new device activations in the week of December 19 to December 25.
Going by the figures collected by Flurry for the week leading up to Christmas, nearly 49.1 percent of all new devices activated during the mentioned week were Apple devices. The figures indicate that Apple dominated new mobile device activations in the mentioned week.
However, in comparison to the 2014 figures for the same week, Apple’s performance witnessed a plunge of 2.2 percentage points this year. Last year, the iPhone and iPad together comprised nearly 51.3 percent of all new device activations for the week before Christmas.
The latest Flurry statistics also show that the second-ranking mobile-device vendor in terms of new device activations for the December 19-25 week was Samsung. The South Korean company accounted for nearly 19.8 percent of all new device activations this year; thereby witnessing an increase of 2.1 percent as compared to last year.
The third-ranking company was Nokia, which accounted for 2 percent device activations in the December 19-25 week; followed by LG and Xiaomi in the fourth and fifth place, with 1.7 percent and 1.5 percent share of new device activations respectively.
- Majority of Americans want COVID-19 vaccine on market before visiting Las Vegas: Macquarie Survey
- Nevada man arrested for trespassing after he allegedly refused to wear face mask at Hard Rock Casino Bar
- Stakelogic’s Dragons & Magic video slot takes players through dark forest full of mysteries
- Colorado reports $25.6 million revenue for first month of legal sports betting
- Scientific Games urges Rhode Island lawmakers to reopen bidding for instant lottery ticket contract
New Zealand News
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More