Apple’s device comprised 49.1% of new device activations in Dec 19-25 week
According to the statistics published by Yahoo-owned mobile analytics firm Flurry on Monday, Apple iPhone and iPad together accounted for more than 49 percent of all new device activations in the week of December 19 to December 25.
Going by the figures collected by Flurry for the week leading up to Christmas, nearly 49.1 percent of all new devices activated during the mentioned week were Apple devices. The figures indicate that Apple dominated new mobile device activations in the mentioned week.
However, in comparison to the 2014 figures for the same week, Apple’s performance witnessed a plunge of 2.2 percentage points this year. Last year, the iPhone and iPad together comprised nearly 51.3 percent of all new device activations for the week before Christmas.
The latest Flurry statistics also show that the second-ranking mobile-device vendor in terms of new device activations for the December 19-25 week was Samsung. The South Korean company accounted for nearly 19.8 percent of all new device activations this year; thereby witnessing an increase of 2.1 percent as compared to last year.
The third-ranking company was Nokia, which accounted for 2 percent device activations in the December 19-25 week; followed by LG and Xiaomi in the fourth and fifth place, with 1.7 percent and 1.5 percent share of new device activations respectively.
- Nikola Motors puts hydrogen fuel-cell semi truck Badger project on back burner
- BMW expands vehicle recall over battery issue to more than 4,500 U.S. plug-in hybrids
- Karma Automotive announces attractive price tag & unique features for upcoming GSe-6 electric sedan
- Twin River acquires iconic Bally’s brand from Caesars Entertainment for $20 million
- Wynn Resorts’ Encore to close for 3 days a week due to low demand
New Zealand News
- The Importance of Casinos to Cryptocurrencies
- ACMA asks Fortune Clock Casino and Dinkum customers to withdraw funds or risk losing money permanently
- Mercedes-Benz’s upcoming EQ electric cars to allow users to choose the sound they want to vehicle to make
- Mohegan Gaming-led consortium reportedly files bid for license to build & operate Athens casino
- Eyas Gaming Ltd eager to enter Germany’s regulated online gaming space
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More