Disney and ETH develop new ‘VertiGo’ robot that can climb walls
In an announcement made on Tuesday, Disney Research Zurich said that it has, in collaboration with ETH University, created a robot which has Spiderman-like capability to climb walls.
The wall-climbing robot developed by Disney Research Zurich and ETH University is called ‘VertiGo.’
According to the details shared by the developers, the Vertigo robot has the gravity-defying ability to make an almost seamless transition from the ground to climbing a wall. The robot gets effectively sucked against vertical surfaces due to two tiltable propellers -- one at the rear, and the other in front -- which give it the requisite thrust onto the wall.
In an explanation of VertiGo robot’s wall-climbing capability, Disney and ETH said in a press release that the choice of two propellers enables the robot’s floor-to-wall transition; and further explained that “thrust is applied both towards the wall using the rear propeller, and in an upward direction using the front propeller, resulting in a flip onto the wall."
The VertiGo robot also has two steerable wheels which make it easy to operate, just like a common radio-controlled car. In addition, the robot also has a pair of infrared distance sensors mounted up front, for an estimation of its orientation in space.
- LG Chem to supply battery cells for Tesla’s Model Y electric SUV in China
- GiG extends sports-betting partnership with North Macedonia casino operator KAK DOO Skopje
- Payment Options for Indian Bettors on Online Casinos Operating in India
- Ohio’s Mahoning Valley Race Course cancels live horse racing for 2 weeks after employee tests positive for Covid-19
- Arcimoto creates new Roadster model by chopping top off 3-wheeled e-car’s top
New Zealand News
- Top Live Casinos in India and Pure Casino Signup Offer
- Independent MP Justin Field making efforts to prevent NSW from compensating Crown Resorts
- President-elect Biden’s Climate Plan to provide big boost to EVs and green power
- Almost 90% of new electricity production in 2020 will be renewable: EPA
- The Importance of Casinos to Cryptocurrencies
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More