Oculus delays launch of Touch controllers until 2016 second half
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s Oculus VR virtual-reality startup said that the release of its Touch controllers has been delayed until the second half of 2016.
The Touch controllers were originally scheduled for release in the first half of 2016, almost in coincidence with Oculus’ much-awaited Rift virtual-reality headset. The unusual-shaped controllers -- which CNET Reviews' Scott Stein has described as "more like skeletal hand-grips than wands" -- have been designed to give people the ability to make use of hand gestures in all-digital environments.
The delay announced by Oculus in the release of the Touch controllers will disappoint a lot of people who have been eagerly waiting to use the new technology, especially since Oculus has bolstered consumer interest in virtual reality ever since its launch in 2012.
With regard to the delay in the launch of Touch controllers, Oculus said in the blog post that it requires more time to ‘perfect’ the controllers before launching them on the market.
Asserting that the company has made “significant advances in ergonomics” so far as Touch hardware is concerned, Oculus said in the blog post: “We’re implementing many changes that make Touch even more comfortable, reliable and natural. We're also implementing changes that improve hand pose recognition.”
- Del Lago Casino’s furloughed worker creates petition to reopen as operator planning to lay off over 1,000 staff
- Oklahoma will have to bear cost of poorly negotiated gaming compact deal with Native American tribes: Governor Stitt
- Majority of Americans want COVID-19 vaccine on market before visiting Las Vegas: Macquarie Survey
- Nevada man arrested for trespassing after he allegedly refused to wear face mask at Hard Rock Casino Bar
- Stakelogic’s Dragons & Magic video slot takes players through dark forest full of mysteries
New Zealand News
- PAGCor suffers first-half deficit of $32.5 million due to corona virus-related closures
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More