Debian Linux founder Ian Murdock dies at 42; in apparent suicide
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week statement post on the company’s blog that software engineer Ian Murdock -- the founder of Debian Linux, and later a senior Docker executive -- died on the night of Monday, December 28. Murdock was 42.
Mourning the death of Murdock, Golub said in the blog post that his demise is “a tragic loss for his family, for the Docker community, and the broader open source world.”
Though Golub did not disclose the circumstances leading to Murdock’s death, it is believed that he died in an apparent suicide, after recent violent encounters with the San Francisco police during the past weekend. Murdock’s run-ins with police were a result of his attempts to break into a home on Saturday; and banging at the door of the same home again on Sunday.
Concerns about Murdock’s well-being mounted on Sunday, when he vaguely described -- in several distressing posts on Twitter -- his encounters with San Francisco police.
Murdock said in one of the Twitter posts that the police officials had beaten him up and sexually assaulted him during an arrest. In one of the tweets he said: “The police are uneducated, evil, and sadistic. Do not trust them.” Moreover, in a distressing Monday tweet, Murdock alluded to suicide, when he said: "I’m committing suicide tonight."
- New ET7 Electric Sedan Brings NIO Closer To Fully Autonomous Driving Capability
- Massachusetts Governor Baker’s 25% capacity rule is death warrant for Casinos: Richard McGowan
- San Diego Tribal Casinos refute report blaming them of spreading COVID-19
- Tennessee reports robust $131.4 million sports betting handle in November
- Nikola Motor electric waste management truck deal with Republic Services cancelled
New Zealand News
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
- Top Live Casinos in India and Pure Casino Signup Offer
- Independent MP Justin Field making efforts to prevent NSW from compensating Crown Resorts
- President-elect Biden’s Climate Plan to provide big boost to EVs and green power
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More