Disney California Adventure enjoys 9.5% increase in visitors
Disney California Adventure enjoyed a significant increase in the number of visitors last year, becoming the tenth most attended theme park in the world and the sixth-most popular park in North America, according to the Themed Entertainment Association's latest report.
As per the newly released report, California Adventure drew 8.5 million people in 2013, 750,000 more visitors that the previous year's figures of 7.8 million.
It was the fourth consecutive year of overall growth for the theme-park industry after the global economic crisis.
Senior VP John Robinett, of economics for AECOM, said, "I think California Adventure is a great example of the impact of capital expenditures and renewals in theme parks. Studies suggest the one controllable factor is capital expenditures and reinvesting in new attractions and shows."
The annual report by the 8,000-member association is considered as a reliable source of information and visitors' interest for the theme-park industry.
California Adventure opened in 2001, when it drew 5 million people. In the following year, it suffered a decline of nearly 5 per cent in the number of visitors. Last year's growth is being largely attributed to the completion of the park's $1 billion overhaul in June 2012, when it opened a new 12-acre entertainment system called Cars Land.
- Nikola Motors puts hydrogen fuel-cell semi truck Badger project on back burner
- BMW expands vehicle recall over battery issue to more than 4,500 U.S. plug-in hybrids
- Karma Automotive announces attractive price tag & unique features for upcoming GSe-6 electric sedan
- Twin River acquires iconic Bally’s brand from Caesars Entertainment for $20 million
- Wynn Resorts’ Encore to close for 3 days a week due to low demand
New Zealand News
- The Importance of Casinos to Cryptocurrencies
- ACMA asks Fortune Clock Casino and Dinkum customers to withdraw funds or risk losing money permanently
- Mercedes-Benz’s upcoming EQ electric cars to allow users to choose the sound they want to vehicle to make
- Mohegan Gaming-led consortium reportedly files bid for license to build & operate Athens casino
- Eyas Gaming Ltd eager to enter Germany’s regulated online gaming space
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More