Disney California Adventure enjoys 9.5% increase in visitors
Disney California Adventure enjoyed a significant increase in the number of visitors last year, becoming the tenth most attended theme park in the world and the sixth-most popular park in North America, according to the Themed Entertainment Association's latest report.
As per the newly released report, California Adventure drew 8.5 million people in 2013, 750,000 more visitors that the previous year's figures of 7.8 million.
It was the fourth consecutive year of overall growth for the theme-park industry after the global economic crisis.
Senior VP John Robinett, of economics for AECOM, said, "I think California Adventure is a great example of the impact of capital expenditures and renewals in theme parks. Studies suggest the one controllable factor is capital expenditures and reinvesting in new attractions and shows."
The annual report by the 8,000-member association is considered as a reliable source of information and visitors' interest for the theme-park industry.
California Adventure opened in 2001, when it drew 5 million people. In the following year, it suffered a decline of nearly 5 per cent in the number of visitors. Last year's growth is being largely attributed to the completion of the park's $1 billion overhaul in June 2012, when it opened a new 12-acre entertainment system called Cars Land.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More