Disney California Adventure enjoys 9.5% increase in visitors
Disney California Adventure enjoyed a significant increase in the number of visitors last year, becoming the tenth most attended theme park in the world and the sixth-most popular park in North America, according to the Themed Entertainment Association's latest report.
As per the newly released report, California Adventure drew 8.5 million people in 2013, 750,000 more visitors that the previous year's figures of 7.8 million.
It was the fourth consecutive year of overall growth for the theme-park industry after the global economic crisis.
Senior VP John Robinett, of economics for AECOM, said, "I think California Adventure is a great example of the impact of capital expenditures and renewals in theme parks. Studies suggest the one controllable factor is capital expenditures and reinvesting in new attractions and shows."
The annual report by the 8,000-member association is considered as a reliable source of information and visitors' interest for the theme-park industry.
California Adventure opened in 2001, when it drew 5 million people. In the following year, it suffered a decline of nearly 5 per cent in the number of visitors. Last year's growth is being largely attributed to the completion of the park's $1 billion overhaul in June 2012, when it opened a new 12-acre entertainment system called Cars Land.
- GM takes wraps off BrightDrop EV600 all-electric delivery van
- GM teases automobile enthusiasts with mysterious electric vehicles at CES
- New ET7 Electric Sedan Brings NIO Closer To Fully Autonomous Driving Capability
- Massachusetts Governor Baker’s 25% capacity rule is death warrant for Casinos: Richard McGowan
- San Diego Tribal Casinos refute report blaming them of spreading COVID-19
New Zealand News
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
- Top Live Casinos in India and Pure Casino Signup Offer
- Independent MP Justin Field making efforts to prevent NSW from compensating Crown Resorts
- President-elect Biden’s Climate Plan to provide big boost to EVs and green power
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More