Disney California Adventure enjoys 9.5% increase in visitors
Disney California Adventure enjoyed a significant increase in the number of visitors last year, becoming the tenth most attended theme park in the world and the sixth-most popular park in North America, according to the Themed Entertainment Association's latest report.
As per the newly released report, California Adventure drew 8.5 million people in 2013, 750,000 more visitors that the previous year's figures of 7.8 million.
It was the fourth consecutive year of overall growth for the theme-park industry after the global economic crisis.
Senior VP John Robinett, of economics for AECOM, said, "I think California Adventure is a great example of the impact of capital expenditures and renewals in theme parks. Studies suggest the one controllable factor is capital expenditures and reinvesting in new attractions and shows."
The annual report by the 8,000-member association is considered as a reliable source of information and visitors' interest for the theme-park industry.
California Adventure opened in 2001, when it drew 5 million people. In the following year, it suffered a decline of nearly 5 per cent in the number of visitors. Last year's growth is being largely attributed to the completion of the park's $1 billion overhaul in June 2012, when it opened a new 12-acre entertainment system called Cars Land.
- Majority of Americans want COVID-19 vaccine on market before visiting Las Vegas: Macquarie Survey
- Nevada man arrested for trespassing after he allegedly refused to wear face mask at Hard Rock Casino Bar
- Stakelogic’s Dragons & Magic video slot takes players through dark forest full of mysteries
- Colorado reports $25.6 million revenue for first month of legal sports betting
- Scientific Games urges Rhode Island lawmakers to reopen bidding for instant lottery ticket contract
New Zealand News
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More