Pastor Robert Cox awaiting extradition to Nevada after bar scuffle
While the police is preparing to extradite California pastor Robert Cox to Nevada on a charge of murder of a man outside a Las Vegas sports bar, his wife has defended him, arguing that detectives' recollection of events was a 'straight up lie'.
Robert Cox, of Manteca, California, claims he didn't punch 55-year-old Link Ellingson, but prosecutors claim that Cox changed his story because he earlier admitted that he punched Ellingson and knocked him to the ground, causing a fatal head injury.
Julia, Cox's wife, claimed that the detectives' story was just a straight lie because she was present at the scene when the fight took place outside Four Kegs bar and that her husband never punched the man.
Defending her husband, she said, "This is absolutely insane. There's no logical reasoning for the murder charge. This was the most unexpected thing the prosecutors could ever have done."
Cox, a pastor at the Place of Refuge in Manteca, was on a trip with his wife, two children and a church service group to Florida. They decided to stop at the Four Kegs bar for dinner.
Outside the bar, the man reportedly started making obscenities at his wife and others, while yelling, "F--k you" and "This is your day to die." Then he tried to assault people in the group who tried to intervene. Cox, as per his wife's claims, reacted in self-defense.
Meanwhile, the 35-year-old father of two is behind the bars in the San Joaquin County Jail, awaiting extradition to Nevada.
- Colorado Casinos get green signal to reopen next week
- U.S. Authorities Grant Approval for Tribal Casino in Park City
- Washington’s Puyallup Tribe opens new-fangled $400 million Emerald Queen Casino Tacoma
- Ohio Governor DeWine allows casinos and racinos to resume operations on June 18th
- Drew Las Vegas casino resort project’s future becomes uncertain as developer defaults on debt obligations
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
- The Star Sydney Hotel & Casino signs new 20-year tax agreement with EGM exclusivity
- Air New Zealand plans to shed 2,000 more jobs to deal with low demand
- Macau Gambling King Stanley Ho passes away aged 98
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More
At the CES 2016 event to be held in Las Vegas from...Read More
In an announcement made on Tuesday, Disney Research...Read More