Toyota's global net income increased 19.2% to $19.8 billion in its fiscal year. The Japanese automaker said that it is expecting great profits another year.
In North America, the company witnessed string sales and it even performed better in Europe. However, then also Toyota's global...read more
Japan's third-largest automaker Honda, reported a drop in its net profit for the fiscal fourth quarter.
According to Honda, recall costs and a decline in auto sales in Japan dragged profits down. Quality problems delayed vehicle development and hampered sales.
The air bag recalls...read more
Japan's space agency has disclosed a plan to land an unmanned rover the Moon, Earth's natural satellite, by the year of 2018.
In the plan disclosed to an expert panel consisting members of the cabinet and the Education, Culture, Sports, Science & Technology Ministry, the Japan...read more
The US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has imposed a record $70-million penalty – a total of two penalties of $35 million each – on bigwig Japanese automaker Honda Motor Co.
Announcing the fine imposed on Honda, the NHTSA said that the automaker has been penalized...read more
Japanese whalers will set out for Antarctic this week as Institute of Cetacean Research (ICR) plans to conduct non-lethal research on whales until March 28.
Since research does not involve catching whales, harpoons have been removed from the vessels. The decision not to hunt whales was...read more
A giant single bluefin tuna was sold for more than $37,000 (4.5 million yen) in at the first auction of the year at a Tokyo's famous fish market on Monday.
Mr. Kiyoshi Kimura, President of Japanese sushi restaurant chain, won the bidding and became top bidder for the fourth year in a row...read more
According to a PC Magazine report, technology major Apple will launch its 'Lucky Bag' promotion in Japan on January 2, 2015. 'Lucky Bag' or 'Mystery Bag' is part of a Japanese tradition called 'Fukubukuro', which means 'a bag full of goodies.' Apple first launched its 'Lucky Bag' promotion in...read more
Japanese electronics major Sony has turned to crowdfunding website Makuake to seek funds for its new project --- the Qrio Smart Lock project.
Though it is an unusual move by a company of Sony's stature to look for crowdfunding for its project, a Wall Street Journal report has revealed...read more
According to a new Nikkei report, bigwig Japanese automaker Honda Motor Co. will "cooperate" with parts supplier Takata Corp. - which is also based in Japan - as it deals with massive air-bag recalls.
The Nikkei report has revealed that Honda is planning a global expansion of its recall...read more
Japan-based air-bag manufacturer Takata Corp. has efforts underway to resolve all the issues concerning its Mexico air-bag factory - which manufactures parts required for repairing vehicles - by next month.
Takata is at the center of a massive air-bag recall crisis resulting from...read more
With vehicle recalls related to potentially defective air bags - manufactured by Japanese parts supplier Takata - on the rise, Japan's Transport Ministry, which is also the country's auto safety regulator, has scrambled into action to restrain the air bag crisis.
Since the increasing...read more
Against the backdrop of last-week reports that Japanese device maker Sony is probably planning to launch its own e-ink smartwatch, it has now been revealed by the Wall Street Journal (WSJ) in a recent report that the Sony wearable device is the FES Watch.
According to the WSJ report, the...read more
- Colorado Casinos get green signal to reopen next week
- U.S. Authorities Grant Approval for Tribal Casino in Park City
- Washington’s Puyallup Tribe opens new-fangled $400 million Emerald Queen Casino Tacoma
- Ohio Governor DeWine allows casinos and racinos to resume operations on June 18th
- Drew Las Vegas casino resort project’s future becomes uncertain as developer defaults on debt obligations
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
- The Star Sydney Hotel & Casino signs new 20-year tax agreement with EGM exclusivity
- Air New Zealand plans to shed 2,000 more jobs to deal with low demand
- Macau Gambling King Stanley Ho passes away aged 98
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More
At the CES 2016 event to be held in Las Vegas from...Read More
In an announcement made on Tuesday, Disney Research...Read More