Detroit on Thursday saw the installation of the first of the twenty tiny libraries that are to be put up as part of the Little Free Libraries movement in the Motor City.
Todd Bol, the founder of the Little Free Libraries movement, oversaw the installation of a small, glass-enclosed wooden...read more
A Warren Mott High School student was rushed to the nearby St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital on Monday, after he was pulled from the school's swimming pool unconscious.
The 16-year-old student, whose identity has not been revealed by school authorities, lost consciousness during a swimming...read more
Grand Rapids school board on Monday approved a new three-year contract with the Grand Rapids Child Discovery Center - the area's only charter school authorized by the district.
The three-year district contract is retroactive to 1st of July, 2014, and scheduled to run through 30th of June...read more
The Capital Area Literacy Coalition's "Read to Succeed" program, which helps Lansing area students in developing literacy skills after the school day ends, is celebrating 30 years of its sincere efforts.
The program recruits MSU students and provides them with professional training to...read more
Ann Arbor Public School District will be provided with a grant of $1.4 million by the state government for the proposed annexation of Whitmore Lake schools, the Michigan Department of Education confirmed on Friday.
The grant will come from a fund of $4.3 million that has been created to...read more
The Lansing School District has received a $760,000 grant as first annual installment of a five-year federal grant that aims to promote cultural awareness and prevent violence.
Sergio Keck, chief of instructional support programs for the school district, said they would create a new...read more
Tata Technologies and the Detroit Lions have teamed up to provide Public Schools students of the city with a unique opportunity to learn more about the importance of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) from a diverse group of trained professionals.
The charity task...read more
Technology giant Google announced on Tuesday that it would donate more than $230,000 to provide Detroit school students with various classroom materials ranging from paper, pencils and books to microscopes and laptops.
Nearly 261 Detroit area teachers had posted requests for donations on...read more
Students of Loyola High School have sent an invitation to Pope Francis, the head of the Roman Catholic faith, to stop in Detroit in 2015.
The YouTube video features Loyola High School students, many of whom aren’t Catholic, inviting Pope Francis to the city. The video also features staff...read more
Brendan Iribe, CEO of Oculus VR, a virtual reality company recently acquired by Facebook, started working with a personal computer in 1980s. According to Iribe, working with computers at that time had been the most amazing thing, as nobody had any idea that in some years, a computer would...read more
Five high schools in the Grand Rapids area have been ranked among the top public high schools in the United States, according to Newsweek's latest report.
Newsweek's newly-released list of top 500 high schools includes East Grand Rapids High School, Rockford High School, Forest Hills...read more
Detroit Public Schools on Wednesday closed a couple of hours early today to avoid imminent severe thunderstorms, which had been forecast to dump several inches of rain in Metro Detroit region over the next 24 hours.
School authorities said they decided to close all schools in the area two...read more
- Casino tycoon Sheldon Adelson emerges as biggest US political donor over past two decades
- Donald Trump losing voter base and attacks Bubba Wallace on Twitter
- Illinois Governor Pritzker signs legislation into law, reducing taxes on Chicago integrated resort’s GGR
- Nebraska voters likely to face commercial Casino Ballot referendum in November 2020
- DraftKings signs deal with Casino Queen to offer sports betting services in Illinois
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More