Rate of vaccine exemption among California kids jumps over 100% in 7 years
The proportion of California parents who opt to not vaccinate their kindergarten-age children has grown by more than one hundred per cent over the past seven years, according to a statewide survey conducted by the Los Angeles Times.
Citing figures released by the California Department of Public Health, the newspaper reported that 5.7 per cent of kindergarten-age kids enrolled in private schools in 2013-2014 in the Golden State had not been vaccinated. In the school year of 2007-2008, the percentage of unvaccinated kindergarten-age kids was recorded at 2.6 per cent.
In public schools of the state, the rates of vaccine exemption jumped from 1.4 per cent in the 2007-2008 to 2.9 per cent in 2013-2014.
The aforementioned figures are enough to understand the soaring number of measles and whooping cough cases among children across the state.
While some parents opt to not vaccinate their kids because of religious beliefs, many others made the decision in wake of rumors that vaccines increase the risk of autism. But, extensive scientific studies have already proved that there is no such link between the vaccines and risk of autism.
Meanwhile, Covered California is preparing to launch its second open enrollment period, in which the system will run a $74-million ad campaign to encourage residents to apply for first-time medical coverage or get their current policies renewed.
Covered California officials aim to increase enrollment from current 1.2 million residents to 1.7 million residents by the end of second open enrollment period.
- Fully vaccinated gamblers no longer need to wear face mask inside Nevada casinos
- Development of web resources
- Hyundai’s luxury brand Genesis to make European debut with launch of Electrified G80
- Canoo seeks patent to protect modular & customizable EV platform architecture
- Democratic Senator Tom Carper wants Biden administration to ban gas-powered cars by 2035
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More