Google announces over $230K in donation to help Detroit students
Technology giant Google announced on Tuesday that it would donate more than $230,000 to provide Detroit school students with various classroom materials ranging from paper, pencils and books to microscopes and laptops.
Nearly 261 Detroit area teachers had posted requests for donations on a crowdfunding website DonorsChoose.org to meet classroom material needs of around 32,466 students at 179 schools.
In addition to above-mentioned classroom materials, the Internet search giant will provide money for basketballs and portable basketball hoops at A.L. Holmes Elementary-Middle School in the city. The donation amount will be nearly $232,000.
The tech giant and DonorsChoose announced the donation during an assembly at Michigan Technical Academy in Detroit yesterday afternoon.
John Burchett, Google’s director of public policy for the United States, Latin America & Canada, said the company was thrilled to support the classroom projects.
Announcing the donation, Burchett said, “We are thrilled to partner with DonorsChoose.org to support all of the classroom projects of teachers here in the Detroit area. We owe a lot to our teachers and want to thank them for being a constant source of inspiration.”
A teacher at Pontiac Academy for Excellence will get $735 for fundamental supplies like notebooks and pencils; an Oak Park Preparatory Academy teacher will get $623 for purchasing poetry books for students; while a teacher at Ypsilanti’s Global Tech Academy will receive $513 for a classroom carpet.
- New ET7 Electric Sedan Brings NIO Closer To Fully Autonomous Driving Capability
- Massachusetts Governor Baker’s 25% capacity rule is death warrant for Casinos: Richard McGowan
- San Diego Tribal Casinos refute report blaming them of spreading COVID-19
- Tennessee reports robust $131.4 million sports betting handle in November
- Nikola Motor electric waste management truck deal with Republic Services cancelled
New Zealand News
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
- Top Live Casinos in India and Pure Casino Signup Offer
- Independent MP Justin Field making efforts to prevent NSW from compensating Crown Resorts
- President-elect Biden’s Climate Plan to provide big boost to EVs and green power
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More