Tata Tech, Detroit Lions bring STEM professionals to DPS students
Tata Technologies and the Detroit Lions have teamed up to provide Public Schools students of the city with a unique opportunity to learn more about the importance of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) from a diverse group of trained professionals.
The charity task will expose Detroit Public School students to STEM, while also helping them develop their skills in reading and writing.
Alisa Harewood of Tata Technologies noted that companies are experiencing scarcity of qualified and skilled workers because students aren't pursuing degrees and careers within the sector.
Announcing the STEM Youth Literacy Program, Harewood said, "The demand for skilled workers in science, technology, engineering, and math is on the rise while the availability of qualified applicants is on the decline because students are not pursuing degrees and careers within the sector."
Tata Technologies is a global engineering services provider with North American head office located in Novi. It is a subsidiary of Indian salt to software conglomerate Tata Group.
The STEM Youth Literacy Program inaugurated with Detroit's Preparatory Academy and Dixon Educational Learning Academy. Incentives will include tickets to Lions, Tigers and Pistons games; LEGO products and autographed items from sports professionals.
- New ET7 Electric Sedan Brings NIO Closer To Fully Autonomous Driving Capability
- Massachusetts Governor Baker’s 25% capacity rule is death warrant for Casinos: Richard McGowan
- San Diego Tribal Casinos refute report blaming them of spreading COVID-19
- Tennessee reports robust $131.4 million sports betting handle in November
- Nikola Motor electric waste management truck deal with Republic Services cancelled
New Zealand News
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
- Top Live Casinos in India and Pure Casino Signup Offer
- Independent MP Justin Field making efforts to prevent NSW from compensating Crown Resorts
- President-elect Biden’s Climate Plan to provide big boost to EVs and green power
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More