Lansing receives federal grant to prevent school violence
The Lansing School District has received a $760,000 grant as first annual installment of a five-year federal grant that aims to promote cultural awareness and prevent violence.
Sergio Keck, chief of instructional support programs for the school district, said they would create a new program to ensure unity in diversity.
Speaking on the topic, Keck said, "One of our greatest assets that we have is diversity, and to be good stewards of this diversity, we must help students and staff with the tools necessary to understand, cooperate and succeed together."
The program targets nearly 3,700 students at Everett High School, Pattengill Academy, Gardner Academy, and North elementary school and Attwood elementary school. These educational institutions have been chosen because of their diversity and the necessity for behavior interventions among students.
To achieve the objective of encouraging students to find peaceful solutions to issues, the school district will team up with Lansing area agencies like the Refugee Development Center, Cristo Rey Community Center, and Community Mental Health.
Incidents of violence on school campuses have increased drastically over the past few years. Most recently, on September 9, an Eastern High School student allegedly sexually assaulted another student on school property.
- New ET7 Electric Sedan Brings NIO Closer To Fully Autonomous Driving Capability
- Massachusetts Governor Baker’s 25% capacity rule is death warrant for Casinos: Richard McGowan
- San Diego Tribal Casinos refute report blaming them of spreading COVID-19
- Tennessee reports robust $131.4 million sports betting handle in November
- Nikola Motor electric waste management truck deal with Republic Services cancelled
New Zealand News
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
- Top Live Casinos in India and Pure Casino Signup Offer
- Independent MP Justin Field making efforts to prevent NSW from compensating Crown Resorts
- President-elect Biden’s Climate Plan to provide big boost to EVs and green power
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More