Ann Arbor School District gets $1.4M grant for annexing Whitmore Lake schools
Ann Arbor Public School District will be provided with a grant of $1.4 million by the state government for the proposed annexation of Whitmore Lake schools, the Michigan Department of Education confirmed on Friday.
The grant will come from a fund of $4.3 million that has been created to help school districts take possession of some other schools to consolidate districts and services.
Ann Arbor Public School district is one of twelve districts to receive funds from the special pot. Calhoun Intermediate School District will receive the second-biggest grant of $945,454 for technology support staff, state data reporting and data warehousing system.
However, the initiative is yet to obtain approval from voters, who will be asked to approve or turn down the proposal in the November ballot.
Jeanice Swift, Superintendent of Ann Arbor Public School, said, "The grant application award is one of the critical pieces of information that we have been waiting to know and citizens will require in order to carefully evaluate the annexation opportunity that will be in front of our voters in November."
Ann Arbor Public School district had sought much more, $4.1 million, from the state for the annexation Whitmore Lake schools. However, Swift expressed hope that the grant issued by the state would be sufficient to accomplish the task.
Ann Arbor and Whitmore Lake voters will have to approve the annexation before it can proceed. The voting is scheduled to take place on November 4, 2014.
- New ET7 Electric Sedan Brings NIO Closer To Fully Autonomous Driving Capability
- Massachusetts Governor Baker’s 25% capacity rule is death warrant for Casinos: Richard McGowan
- San Diego Tribal Casinos refute report blaming them of spreading COVID-19
- Tennessee reports robust $131.4 million sports betting handle in November
- Nikola Motor electric waste management truck deal with Republic Services cancelled
New Zealand News
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
- Top Live Casinos in India and Pure Casino Signup Offer
- Independent MP Justin Field making efforts to prevent NSW from compensating Crown Resorts
- President-elect Biden’s Climate Plan to provide big boost to EVs and green power
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More