Grand Rapids school board approves new contract with Child Discovery Center
Grand Rapids school board on Monday approved a new three-year contract with the Grand Rapids Child Discovery Center - the area's only charter school authorized by the district.
The three-year district contract is retroactive to 1st of July, 2014, and scheduled to run through 30th of June, 2017. The earlier contract expired on 30th of June.
Sharron Pitts, assistant superintendent of human resources & general counsel for GRPS, announced in August she was working with the charter to bring the district contract into compliance with new Michigan law.
Announcing the new contract yesterday, Pitts said there were not numerous substantive changes. The changes made in the contract were based on recommendations from the state. For instance, the district created a new student achievement goal in accordance with state requirements. While the previous educational goal was to "improve achievement levels for all pupils," the new goal is to "Improve achievement levels for all groups of pupils, including subgroups."
The charter school will pay an oversight fee of 3 per cent of its state school aid payments to the district.
Located at 409 Lafayette Ave. SE, the Child Discovery Center has been authorized by the Grand Rapids Board of Education since 1999. The K-5 school that utilizes the Reggio Emilia approach to learning. Guided by 10 principles, the Reggio Emilia approach is a philosophy to teaching and learning for children.
- New ET7 Electric Sedan Brings NIO Closer To Fully Autonomous Driving Capability
- Massachusetts Governor Baker’s 25% capacity rule is death warrant for Casinos: Richard McGowan
- San Diego Tribal Casinos refute report blaming them of spreading COVID-19
- Tennessee reports robust $131.4 million sports betting handle in November
- Nikola Motor electric waste management truck deal with Republic Services cancelled
New Zealand News
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
- Top Live Casinos in India and Pure Casino Signup Offer
- Independent MP Justin Field making efforts to prevent NSW from compensating Crown Resorts
- President-elect Biden’s Climate Plan to provide big boost to EVs and green power
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More