West Virginia University Suspends Fraternities and Sororities Activities
Police and school officials said on Thursday that West Virginia University has suspended all activities by campus fraternities and sororities because a student was found without a pulse at a fraternity house.
Ed Preston, the police chief of Morgantown, where the school is located, 75 miles south of Pittsburgh, said that Nolan Burch was not breathing at the time when he was found at the Kappa Sigma fraternity house on Tuesday.
According to Preston, police came to find CPR being administered to Burch and he was taken to hospital and kept in intensive care.
After this incident occurred, the school has taken the action to suspend all sorority and fraternity social and pledging activities.
Dean of Students Corey Farris and other school officials said that the action taken to stop fraternity and sorority activities is being done for the well-being and safety of our students.
"Our hearts, prayers and support go out to the student who is gravely ill and his family", said the officials in a joint statement, citing Tuesday's emergency and another recent event.
According to Broadcaster WDTV reports, last week a separate fraternity was suspended after three arrests and 16 citations of students in another incident that had taken place.
Corey Farris, dean of students, said that some activities may be permitted but with prior permission from the university like chapter meetings and other events that were previously planned.
According to a press release, suspension was done after two recent incidents that occurred, one is the yesterday's 911 call to get emergency medical assistance for Kappa Sigma pledge Nolan Burch and other is the November 6 immature drinking incident that occurred in South Park linking Sigma Chi pledges.
By seeing the recent incident, WVU officials, the Inter-Fraternity Council and Panhellenic Council met and talked about the issue and finally took decision of suspension. They all have also released a joint statement.
- Audi Q5 e-tron to reportedly be launched in China next month
- Chip and ship shortages are main threats to Tesla’s sales growth: Elon Musk
- Rivian DC fast chargers to be eventually opened to all electric vehicles
- Tesla Gigafactory Berlin is able to produce 1 car body every 45 seconds: Elon Musk
- Chevrolet Silverado EV will have massive glass roof
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
Automobile giant Ford Motors has yet to announce...Read More
The National Bank of Ukraine conducted an audit of...Read More
United Parcel Service (UPS) has confirmed that it...Read More
Michigan Senate Bill 991 (SB 991), which has been...Read More
The Rivers Casino in the Pittsburgh area is once...Read More
Vincent “Uncle Mick” DelGiudice, an 85-year-old man...Read More