Grand Rapids man charged with home invasion in Ottawa County
A Grand Rapids man has been arrested and charged with home invasion and malicious destruction of property in an Ottawa County home, police authorities have confirmed.
Ottawa County Sheriff's Capt. Mark Bennett said police responded to call from a female owner of a home in the Tallmadge Township at 4 p. m. on Wednesday, November 12, after she saw an intruder.
The suspect damaged some property in the home and gathered many items to steal. When the homeowner called police, the intruder fled in a gold Buick, but he left behind some items that allowed the police to easily identify him.
Later, officers recovered items in the 46-year-old suspect's possession that belonged to the homeowner. Police said the suspect is a habitual offender. The homeowner told officers that she knew the intruder and there was no argument between them.
The suspect was taken into custody on Thursday, November 13, in Grand Rapids without incident. He was set to be arraigned in Hudsonville District Court on various charges, including home invasion and destruction of more than-$1,000 worth of property.
In a separate case, a 19-year-old man named Jamal Bennett has been charged with homicide that took place nearly a couple of years ago at a birthday party in the 3200 block of Marshall Avenue SE of Grand Rapids. He is already in jail. He was convicted of a perjury charge linked to the probe and was sentenced to 20 years in prison in September this year.
- DraftKings signs deal with Casino Queen to offer sports betting services in Illinois
- San Manuel unveils new smoking, alcohol consumption guidelines amid soaring COVID-19 cases in Southern California
- US District Court Judge dismisses lawsuit questioning Texas tribal casino’s sovereign immunity
- JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs bullish on British bookmakers Flutter Entertainment and William Hill
- Tesla Model S ‘Long Range Plus’ offers 402 miles range on Single Charge
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
- The Star Sydney Hotel & Casino signs new 20-year tax agreement with EGM exclusivity
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More
At the CES 2016 event to be held in Las Vegas from...Read More
In an announcement made on Tuesday, Disney Research...Read More