Grand Rapids family feeling unsafe after gunman found on house’s roof
A Grand Rapids family is grateful for their safety after police arrested an armed man on their roof without incident, but members of the family are also feeling somewhat unsafe now.
Sulma Cruz, said she was in her duplex on Norwich Avenue along with three other members of her family at around 4 a. m. Sunday, when she was woken up by a phone call from police.
An officer asked how many people were in the house, and then asked her and other members of the family to walk to the door, where officers were waiting for them.
The officers were trying to arrest a man with a gun who was on the roof of their house. The officers were first called to the scene of a brawl near the 400 block of Grandville Avenue Southwest. On their arrival one of the suspects fled.
The police officers chased the suspect until his car hit a building. The suspect then ran out of the car climbed to the roof of the house. He was arrested without incident.
Cruz said she was thankful for her family's safety, but the incident made her feel unsafe now. She stressed that she had been in the block for five years and nothing of that kind ever happened there.
The suspect is now lodged in Kent County Jail, awaiting arraignment on numerous felony charges.
- DraftKings signs deal with Casino Queen to offer sports betting services in Illinois
- San Manuel unveils new smoking, alcohol consumption guidelines amid soaring COVID-19 cases in Southern California
- US District Court Judge dismisses lawsuit questioning Texas tribal casino’s sovereign immunity
- JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs bullish on British bookmakers Flutter Entertainment and William Hill
- Tesla Model S ‘Long Range Plus’ offers 402 miles range on Single Charge
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
- The Star Sydney Hotel & Casino signs new 20-year tax agreement with EGM exclusivity
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More
At the CES 2016 event to be held in Las Vegas from...Read More
In an announcement made on Tuesday, Disney Research...Read More