Detroit man accused of killing teen enters not-guilty plea
A young Detroit man accused of lethally shooting a teen on Christmas Day signed a not-guilty plea through his attorney on Monday.
According to the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office, 16-year-old Bernard Walker was at a friend's house at around 1:30 p. m. on December 25 on the 4100 block of Virginia Park when 19-year-old Dwayne Sharper Jr. shot him in the head while playing with a stolen revolver.
Sharper yesterday entered court for arraignment on charges of manslaughter and a separate robbery case, before returning to Wayne County Jail.
The separate robbery case, Sharper allegedly robbed a woman at gunpoint at 9:15 p. m. on December 22. He robbed the woman of her cash and personal property as she was in the driveway of a house on Virginia Park.
A statement by the prosecutor's office reads, "On Dec. 22 at 9:15 p. m. it is alleged that Sharper robbed a woman at gunpoint taking her cash and personal property while she was in the driveway of her home located on Virginia Park. The home was a separate location from the place where Bernard Walker was killed."
The defendant was indicted by grand jury in both cases. However, a spokesperson for the prosecutor's office declined to give details on why the one-man grand jury was used in the concerned cases.
Circuit Judge Cynthia Hathaway ruled that Sharper will stay in the jail pending an investigation to set bond. The probation office will soon screen Sharper to assist the court in determining his bond.
- Casino tycoon Sheldon Adelson emerges as biggest US political donor over past two decades
- Donald Trump losing voter base and attacks Bubba Wallace on Twitter
- Illinois Governor Pritzker signs legislation into law, reducing taxes on Chicago integrated resort’s GGR
- Nebraska voters likely to face commercial Casino Ballot referendum in November 2020
- DraftKings signs deal with Casino Queen to offer sports betting services in Illinois
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More