Volkswagen releases images of Cross Coupe GTE
On Sunday, the eve of the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Volkswagen released the images of a concept version of its five-seat, plug-in hybrid crossover, the Cross Coupe GTE.
Going by the images and information released by Volkswagen, the Cross Coupe GTE will be a mid-size hybrid SUV which will use a V6 plug-in hybrid drivetrain. The SUV will boast a 3.6-liter engine, 276-horsepower, two electric motors and all-wheel drive. The front side of the concept car which gives a peek at a new SUV aimed for the US market.
As per Volkswagen’s chief designer Klaus Bischoff, the concept “combines German engineering and design with a vehicle that suits the American lifestyle.”
The Cross Coupe GTE, which will be on display at the Detroit auto show, has been described by Volkswagen as a “forerunner” to its new seven-seat Sport-Utility Vehicle (SUV) which is scheduled to hit the markets in 2016.
Volkswagen has already revealed in an announcement that it will start the production of the seven-seat SUV next year, at its Chattanooga, Tennessee, plant.
The seven-seat SUV will mark the first prong of Volkswagen’s planned ‘double assault’ on the SUV market in the US; under what it promises will be “the biggest SUV offensive in the company’s history.” The second prong underscores the automaker’s plans to introduce a long-wheelbase version of its Tiguan mid-sized SUV in 2017, which will be manufactured in North America.
- DraftKings signs deal with Casino Queen to offer sports betting services in Illinois
- San Manuel unveils new smoking, alcohol consumption guidelines amid soaring COVID-19 cases in Southern California
- US District Court Judge dismisses lawsuit questioning Texas tribal casino’s sovereign immunity
- JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs bullish on British bookmakers Flutter Entertainment and William Hill
- Tesla Model S ‘Long Range Plus’ offers 402 miles range on Single Charge
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
- The Star Sydney Hotel & Casino signs new 20-year tax agreement with EGM exclusivity
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More
At the CES 2016 event to be held in Las Vegas from...Read More
In an announcement made on Tuesday, Disney Research...Read More