Honda unveils new fuel-cell electric vehicle concept
At the 2105 Detroit Auto Show on Tuesday, Honda unveiled its new fuel-cell electric vehicle (FCV) Concept. Honda described the new FCV Concept as a preview of a production car which is scheduled to hit the road in 2016; in time to challenge the Toyota Mirai.
Introducing its new FCV Concept at the auto show, Honda said that it plans to launch a production version of the vehicle in Japan by the 2016 first quarter; with the projected availability of the vehicle in the North American and European markets scheduled for a later date.
The new FCV Concept features a low and relatively wide body, with somewhat understated design details. The overall look of the car marks an evolutionary leap from the FCX Clarity --- Honda’s last production hydrogen-powered car.
However, the new FCV Concept differs from the FCX Clarity in terms of performance and operating range. Going by the details released by Honda, the new FCV Concept boasts a cruising range of up to 700 km; with the refilling of its 70 MPa high-pressure hydrogen tank taking barely three minutes. The new concept emits only water vapor from its tailpipe.
Moreover, with Honda known for its excellent packaging methods, the entire fuel cell assembly of the new FCV Concept can fit under the bonnet; thereby ensuring that the vehicle’s cabin has enough space to accommodate up to five passengers.
- Hybrids and fuel cells will stay competitive with EVs up to 2050: Toyota
- Waymo announces another $2.5 billion in funding from latest investment round
- Propella 4.0 7-speed e-bike brings numerous upgrades over previous version
- EPA range ratings for Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo released
- Tesla Model S Plaid comes with new, much more efficient electric motor technology
New Zealand News
- German automaker Volkswagen invests $620 million in Northvolt to secure EV battery supply
- Top places to see in Singapore
- Xpeng enjoys 483% year-over-year jump in May 2021 deliveries; thanks to robust sale of P7
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More