Scientists provide more information about Beavers Super Strong Teeth
Researchers have explained what makes teeth of beavers stronger than any other animal. The research team discovered that the chemical structure of their chompers have decay-fighting iron.
Enamel of beavers consists of enough iron to make it harder and more resistant to acid damage than most seen in other species. According to the researchers, the study has provided a way to gain better insight into human tooth decay and seek improvements in fluoride treatments.
The researchers revealed that layers of well-ordered, carbonated hydroxylapatite nanowires are present in enamel of the beaver at their core surrounded by material containing small amounts of an amorphous solid rich in iron and magnesium.
"A beaver's teeth are chemically different from our teeth, not structurally different", said lead study author Derk Joester, a researcher at Northwestern University.
The study has clearly showed that the reason behind super-strong teeth of weavers is the presence of tiny iron-rich nanowires interwoven throughout the enamel core of those outsized incisors.
For the study, the researchers compared the enamels of beavers, rabbits and other animals. The comparison was held with the help of atom probe tomography, helping them in identifying the inner atomic and ionic composition of the enamels as well.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More