Michigan Woman’s membership revoked by Planet Fitness after transgender complaint
Fitness chain Planet Fitness revoked the membership of a Michigan woman after she complained about a transgender person in women’s locker room. After 48 year old Yvette Cormier noticed someone ‘dressed like a man’ in the women’s locker room, she immediately went to the front desk to complain.
However, the front desk staff told Cormier that Planet Fitness policy suggest, "whatever gender you feel you are, that's the locker room you're allowed to go in”. Cormier contacted the Planet Fitness corporate office and they confirmed the policy suggested by the front desk staff and the fitness club.
Cormier has been member of Planet Fitness for the past two months. Cormier said, "I wouldn't have signed up for this gym if I knew that ahead of time."
Commenting on the issue, Planet Fitness Director of Public Relations McCall Gosselin said, “The gym is committed to creating a non-intimidating, welcoming environment for our members. Our gender identity non-discrimination policy states that members and guests may use all gym facilities based on their sincere self-reported gender identity."
McCall Gosselin said that Cormier’s Planet Fitness membership was not revoked only because she raised the issue about the transgender person. Gosselin commented that Cormier’s manner in which she expressed her concerns was inappropriate. The management decided to revoke her membership.
LGBT community advocates have supported the decision taken by Planet Fitness.
- Majority of Americans want COVID-19 vaccine on market before visiting Las Vegas: Macquarie Survey
- Nevada man arrested for trespassing after he allegedly refused to wear face mask at Hard Rock Casino Bar
- Stakelogic’s Dragons & Magic video slot takes players through dark forest full of mysteries
- Colorado reports $25.6 million revenue for first month of legal sports betting
- Scientific Games urges Rhode Island lawmakers to reopen bidding for instant lottery ticket contract
New Zealand News
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More