Michigan selected as partner for travel destination photos for Google Maps
At the Pure Michigan Governor's Conference on Tourism, held at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel in Grand Rapids, Michigan was announced as the first Midwest state to team up with Google for making photos of travel destinations available via Google Maps.
The partnership between Pure Michigan and Google was announced at the Michigan Tourism Conference by Lt. Gov. Brian Calley, Travel Michigan VP David West, and Steve Silverman from Google Maps.
As a result of the team-up between Google and Pure Michigan, pictures of a number of tourist destinations will be viewable online through Google Street View with 360-degree imagery. The tourist attractions which will feature in Google Maps images will include the Mackinac Island, Sleeping Bear Dunes, and Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, among others.
The tourist destination images making their way into Google Maps will be from among the over 44,000 panoramic pictures which were clicked by members and volunteers of the Pure Michigan team and the Michigan Department of Natural Resources last fall. The photos were clicked with the help of the Google Trekker backpack system which has a camera mounted on its top.
Noting that the breathtakingly-beautiful images will be “globally accessible on Google Maps,” Calley said in a statement: “This initiative combines our natural beauty with innovative technology in a way that really speaks to all that Michigan has to offer visitors, residents, and businesses alike.”
- Majority of Americans want COVID-19 vaccine on market before visiting Las Vegas: Macquarie Survey
- Nevada man arrested for trespassing after he allegedly refused to wear face mask at Hard Rock Casino Bar
- Stakelogic’s Dragons & Magic video slot takes players through dark forest full of mysteries
- Colorado reports $25.6 million revenue for first month of legal sports betting
- Scientific Games urges Rhode Island lawmakers to reopen bidding for instant lottery ticket contract
New Zealand News
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More