Apollo Education stock declines after enrollments nosedive
Apollo Education Group stock suffered a major blow as the for-profit University of Phoenix reported massive decline in student enrollments. The stock declined 28 percent to close at $20.04, marking the biggest loss in a single day since the listing on the stock markets. The University of Phoenix reported 13 percent decline in the number of student enrollments.
Apollo Education Group announced a cut in its revenue forecast as the number of students enrolled for the quarter ended February 28 declined to 28,300. Apollo also reduced marketing spends, CEO Gregory Cappelli said during a conference call. The revenue for the quarter declined by 14 percent.
“We adjusted our marketing type and spend, as well as our contact strategies this quarter. We’re on track to fix the technology platform issues, which we believe adversely impacted retention,” said Cappelli.
Apollo Chief of Staff, Mark Brenner marked it as a challenging quarter and suggested that certain changes would be required to deal with the downward trend in student enrollments. Brenner said, “I think what we've learned over the last couple of quarters we need to continued to invest in creating a better student experience, we need to have the best online classroom for students.”
A CNN report has estimated the enrollments at 213,000 compared to 460,000 five years ago, at the University of Phoenix. Apollo Education Group revised revenue estimate to $2.63 billion to $2.68 billion for the year ending August 2015.
- Development of web resources
- Hyundai’s luxury brand Genesis to make European debut with launch of Electrified G80
- Canoo seeks patent to protect modular & customizable EV platform architecture
- Democratic Senator Tom Carper wants Biden administration to ban gas-powered cars by 2035
- Tesla doesn’t spend money on ‘manipulating’ public opinion: Elon Musk
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More