DTW North Terminal Closed Amid Suspicious Situation
A hoax call by a man, who left his laptop at a ticket counter of the Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport, had the airport authorities on their feet.
As reported by Brian Lassaline, Airport spokesperson, a portion of the north terminal of the airport had to be sealed this Saturday, after a suspicious man was arrested, along with his laptop. The authorities claimed they had a situation after the man made some comments that caused concern.
The north terminal, along with its south checkpoint, was partially evacuated at around 3:00 PM and the same was re-opened by 4:30 PM. The airport authorities relayed the message on their official twitter account.
Lassaline said that the north terminal resumed operation, following the clearance of the laptop, though the man was still in custody. He also said that the matter was pending investigation and he had no more details of the same.
What has come out as a possible reason for the sudden evacuation, was a bomb threat. However, Lassaline stated that he had no information as to what had been conveyed to the passengers by the staff at the ticket counter and he, therefore, declined to comment any further.
The situation caused commotion at the airport and led to delay in some flights. It also led to anxiety among the passengers stalled outside.
Such reckless behavior from citizens should not be allowed to go away scot-free. Anyone tampering with a sensitive issue such as security should be properly taken to task.
- Hybrids and fuel cells will stay competitive with EVs up to 2050: Toyota
- Waymo announces another $2.5 billion in funding from latest investment round
- Propella 4.0 7-speed e-bike brings numerous upgrades over previous version
- EPA range ratings for Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo released
- Tesla Model S Plaid comes with new, much more efficient electric motor technology
New Zealand News
- German automaker Volkswagen invests $620 million in Northvolt to secure EV battery supply
- Top places to see in Singapore
- Xpeng enjoys 483% year-over-year jump in May 2021 deliveries; thanks to robust sale of P7
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More