Tesla’s first building phase of battery factory in Northern Nevada nearly complete
The Legislative Commission was informed last week that electric vehicle (EV) manufacturer Tesla has nearly completed the first phase of construction of its gigantic battery factory in Northern Nevada.
Informing the Legislative Commission about the progress of Tesla's battery factory construction, Steven Hill - director of the Governor's Office of Economic Development - said that the 900,000-square-foot building construction which has been nearly completed by Tesla represents merely 14 percent of the total size of the company's massive battery factory at build-out.
Hill told the Legislative Commission: "That building will be seven times larger once fully constructed."
With the first building phase of Tesla's battery factory in Northern Nevada almost complete, Hill said that the next move by the EV maker will be to bring in and install manufacturing equipment at the factory.
Asserting that Tesla's $5 billion battery plant project is progressing at a faster-than-anticipated speed, Hill said: "They (Tesla) built the building. They will be starting to move machinery into that building in order to make batteries relatively soon."
- Fully vaccinated gamblers no longer need to wear face mask inside Nevada casinos
- Development of web resources
- Hyundai’s luxury brand Genesis to make European debut with launch of Electrified G80
- Canoo seeks patent to protect modular & customizable EV platform architecture
- Democratic Senator Tom Carper wants Biden administration to ban gas-powered cars by 2035
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More