U.S. must secure its borders immediately: Donald Trump
U.S. presidential candidate Donald Trump, who has recently faced severe criticism for his controversial comments about Mexicans, has stressed on the need to tighten the country's borders in wake of killing of an American woman by an undocumented Mexican immigrant.
Kathryn Steinle, 32, was shot and killed by 45-year-old undocumented Mexican immigrant Francisco Sanchez. The suspect shot the young adult woman last Wednesday evening when she was walking with her father along the popular Embarcadero Pier 14.
Sanchez was arrested by police officers soon after the shooting. Records show that he has a long criminal history and he was on probation from Texas at time of the crime. He has already been deported to Mexico at least five times.
Trump said it was "totally preventable" act of violence by and illegal immigrant. He added that the fatal shooting showed that the U.S. must secure its borders immediately. He boasted that he was the only one who could fix the situation.
Condemning the fatal shooting, Trump said, "This senseless and totally preventable act of violence committed by an illegal immigrant is yet another example of why we must secure our border immediately. This is an absolutely disgraceful situation and I am the only one that can fix it. Nobody else has the guts to even talk about it."
Last month, Trump described Mexican immigrants as drug-runners and rapists. His comments triggered a widespread wave of criticism. Comcast Corp.'s NBC network cut its ties with Trump; while department store chain Macy's Inc. said it would stop selling Trump's menswear collection.
- Casino tycoon Sheldon Adelson emerges as biggest US political donor over past two decades
- Donald Trump losing voter base and attacks Bubba Wallace on Twitter
- Illinois Governor Pritzker signs legislation into law, reducing taxes on Chicago integrated resort’s GGR
- Nebraska voters likely to face commercial Casino Ballot referendum in November 2020
- DraftKings signs deal with Casino Queen to offer sports betting services in Illinois
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More