Obama grants monument status to Northern California range
U.S. President Barack Obama on Friday granted national monument status to a stretch of gold & green coastal range in California that is home to otters, bears, eagles and a multitude of other wildlife.
In a ceremony in Washington, Mr. Obama established the 331,000-acre Berryessa Snow Mountain National Monument, making it the Golden State’s newest national monument. The range covers inner-coast mounts, waterways and wetlands.
Geologist Bob Schneider, who climbed the area’s peaks for around half a century, said he was very happy the president’s decision, adding that his grandchild would be able to visit the place in decades to come.
But, some California residents said they could not understand why the area was given the national monument status.
Commenting on the decision, Marcia Ritz said, “Yes, we're in the country, we have animals, but to make us a monument? What have we done to deserve that?”
U.S. Representative John Garamendi, a Democrat from Fairfield, said the region offer every kind of recreation, including man-made lake, boating, kayaking, bird-watching, and hiking.
- Casino tycoon Sheldon Adelson emerges as biggest US political donor over past two decades
- Donald Trump losing voter base and attacks Bubba Wallace on Twitter
- Illinois Governor Pritzker signs legislation into law, reducing taxes on Chicago integrated resort’s GGR
- Nebraska voters likely to face commercial Casino Ballot referendum in November 2020
- DraftKings signs deal with Casino Queen to offer sports betting services in Illinois
- Morongo Casino Resort employee tests positive for COVID-19 weeks after reopening
- MGM Resorts’ Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas to reopen its doors on Thursday
- Nikola Motors stock jumps after the company announced electric truck reservation date
- Nevada’s El Cortez Hotel & Casino excited to welcome guests back after prolonged COVID-19 lockdown
- Fantasy Springs Resort Casino reopens its doors to the public
New Zealand News
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market
- SkyCity reports “encouraging” business since reopening of three casinos following COVID-19 shutdown
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More
Docker CEO Ben Golub said in an earlier-this-week...Read More
In a blog post published on Thursday, Facebook’s...Read More
Tech giant Microsoft has announced the launch of a...Read More