New 2016 Honda Accord will offer Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as native features
This week, bigwig automaker Honda unveiled its new 2016 model Accord --- the company's first vehicle to boast the incorporation of two competing connected-car platforms: Apple CarPlay and Google's Android Auto.
Introducing the 2016 Accord, Honda said that the new lineup of Accord vehicles will offer both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as native features. Both the connected-car platforms have been designed to support seamless smartphone integration as well as offer a wide array of new features and functions.
The availability of both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connected-car platforms in the 2016 Accord lineup will essentially give the drivers the ability to mirror their smartphones and apps to the Honda Accord's infotainment center.
According to Honda, the availability of both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connected-car technologies, along with other notable technological upgrades, will make the new 2016 Accord "the most high-tech Accord ever."
Highlighting that aspect of the new 2016 Accord, John Mendel - Executive VP of the Automobile Division for American Honda Motor Co. - said: "Customers want their vehicles to be more intelligently integrated with their smartphone-powered lives, and we are committed to delivering that experience starting with Accord."
- Development of web resources
- Hyundai’s luxury brand Genesis to make European debut with launch of Electrified G80
- Canoo seeks patent to protect modular & customizable EV platform architecture
- Democratic Senator Tom Carper wants Biden administration to ban gas-powered cars by 2035
- Tesla doesn’t spend money on ‘manipulating’ public opinion: Elon Musk
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More