New 2016 Honda Accord will offer Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as native features
This week, bigwig automaker Honda unveiled its new 2016 model Accord --- the company's first vehicle to boast the incorporation of two competing connected-car platforms: Apple CarPlay and Google's Android Auto.
Introducing the 2016 Accord, Honda said that the new lineup of Accord vehicles will offer both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as native features. Both the connected-car platforms have been designed to support seamless smartphone integration as well as offer a wide array of new features and functions.
The availability of both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connected-car platforms in the 2016 Accord lineup will essentially give the drivers the ability to mirror their smartphones and apps to the Honda Accord's infotainment center.
According to Honda, the availability of both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connected-car technologies, along with other notable technological upgrades, will make the new 2016 Accord "the most high-tech Accord ever."
Highlighting that aspect of the new 2016 Accord, John Mendel - Executive VP of the Automobile Division for American Honda Motor Co. - said: "Customers want their vehicles to be more intelligently integrated with their smartphone-powered lives, and we are committed to delivering that experience starting with Accord."
- Hyundai announces battery leasing accord to trim down EV prices, coordinate reuse
- Samsung SDI to invest $849 million to expand EV battery plant in Hungary
- Pennsylvania Lottery on track to break revenue record: Drew Svitko
- Frigid temperatures & ice storms force Oklahoma Cherokee casinos to close again
- Former Las Vegas 311 Boyz gang member & his girlfriend nabbed in Idaho
New Zealand News
- First deliveries of all-electric Porsche in Australia to take place this weekend
- Crown Resorts suffers record six-month loss due to COVID-19 closures
- Australia’s Crown Resorts 'not suitable' for Sydney gaming license: Inquiry Commission
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More