As Amazon announced amazing results, Jeff Bezos gains $7 billion in an hour
Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos witnessed a massive jump in his personal wealth within an hour as investors cheered the amazing quarterly results. Amazon announced net income of 19 cents per share ($92 million) for the second quarter. Jeff Bezos became the fifth richest person in the world as Amazon stock jumped 18 percent in afterhours trading.
Forbes now ranks Jeff Bezos as the fifth richest person in the world with $50 billion net worth. Amazon has taken many steps to continue building on its consumer base. Recently, the company topped Black Friday sales with its Prime Day event announced on its 20 years in the market.
Seattle-based Amazon had reported $126 million loss for second quarter last year. With its drone delivery, Prime memberships and amazing discount events, Amazon has managed to remain the best place for online shopping. The company is also expanding in other countries, including India.
With the recent jump in Amazon stock, the retailer has zoomed past Wal-Mart to become the largest retailer in the world. Meanwhile, investors are happy about the performance of online retailer. We can expect analysts to rerate Amazon in days to come.
- Fully vaccinated gamblers no longer need to wear face mask inside Nevada casinos
- Development of web resources
- Hyundai’s luxury brand Genesis to make European debut with launch of Electrified G80
- Canoo seeks patent to protect modular & customizable EV platform architecture
- Democratic Senator Tom Carper wants Biden administration to ban gas-powered cars by 2035
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More