Santa Cruz police arrest teen on suspicion of murder of 8-year-old girl
A teenage boy was on Tuesday taken into custody on suspicion of killing an 8-year-old girl, whose body was found in a recycling bin at a housing complex in Santa Cruz, City Police Chief Kevin Vogel confirmed.
Police Chief Vogel told reporters yesterday that Madyson Middleton was almost certainly dead even before her family reported her missing on Sunday. The search for the girl can to an end Monday night after a detective discovered her dead body in a recycling bin at the artist community & housing center in Santa Cruz where the girl lived with her mother.
The girl's disappearance and the subsequent murder have badly shaken the unique artists' community, known as Tannery Arts Center, on the fringes of the small town. The Tannery Arts Center is a public-private nonprofit project that includes one hundred affordable apartments for unique artists and their families, a café, dance facilities and art studios.
Madyson was last seen riding her scooter in the community and housing center's courtyard on Sunday. Police arrested a 15-year-old boy, who knew the girl as a neighborhood acquaintance, on suspicion of murder.
The boy, whose name was not immediately released, was nearby when the girl's body was discovered. Detectives also found evidence in his apartment that links him to the murder of the girl. Santa Cruz District Attorney Jeffrey Rosell announced that they were seriously considering a decision to bring charges against the suspect.
- Rivian raises $2.5 billion for second EV factory in U.S.
- Electric cars have lowest life-cycle greenhouse gas emissions: Study
- Indiana to spend $5.5 million to set up nearly five dozen EV fast charging stations
- Volvo’s 2022 C40 Recharge to cost $58,750 in US Market
- Las Vegas Sands Corporation reportedly eyeing Florida’s Jacksonville City to develop & operate casino
New Zealand News
- Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers this year: Elon Musk
- 2022 Audi e-tron GT to hit US roads this summer, prices starting at $99,900
- South Korean EV battery manufacturers to invest $35 billion by 2030
- Chinese smart EV maker XPeng to join Hang Seng Composite Index
- New South Wales announces new policy to boost EV adoption
The Rivers Casino in the Pittsburgh area is once...Read More
Vincent “Uncle Mick” DelGiudice, an 85-year-old man...Read More
Georgia is one of the few states in the US that...Read More
A fifty-year-old Michigan man seems to be double-...Read More
The Pokagon Gaming Authority has approved Four...Read More
Casinos in Detroit, once permitted to resume by...Read More