Lake County fire continues to spread fast
An aggressive, fast-spreading wildfire in Northern California has destroyed at least two building and forced more than 500 people to flee to safer places, a Cal Fire spokesperson confirmed in a newly released statement.
Hundreds of firefighters from Lake, Sonoma and Napa counties have joined the fire lines to contain the aggressive blaze that broke out Wednesday afternoon and is still threatening dozens of structures.
The blaze engulfed nearly 8 square miles overnight and had charred more than twelve square miles as of Thursday morning. It was not contained at all as of yesterday morning. Cal Fire spokesperson said that hard-to-access terrain stuffed with dry brush and timber in Lake County helped the fire spread at a rapid rate.
Meanwhile, a fire east of the Golden State's Napa Valley has been burning for more than a week and has burnt more than 11 square miles in Solano County. Last Tuesday, it pushed temperatures into triple digits.
Daniel Berlant, a spokesperson for the California Department of Fire & Forestry Protection, said, "We're optimistic that we are able to stop and hold it."
As many as 136 structures are still under threat from the fire, and more than 200 people are still under orders to evacuate their homes. However, it is 80 per cent contained now.
Evacuation centers for the affected people have been established in Middleton and Clearlake. An animal evacuation center has also been set up at the Lower Lake Social Services parking lot.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More