UC San Diego ranked 9th among nation’s best public schools
University of California San Diego has once again grabbed one of the top 10 spots on the list of the nation’s best public schools, according to U.S. News & World Report’s latest rankings report.
The 2016 edition of Best Colleges ranked UC San Diego 9th among the nation’s best public schools and 39th amongst all universities.
UC San Diego has been making the top 10 list of public schools for more than a decade. Last year, it was ranked the 8th best public school and 37th-best overall in the nation.
When asked for a comment, Chancellor Pradeep Khosla said, “It is an honor for UC San Diego to be recognized once again as one of the nation’s top public universities. At UC San Diego, we are committed to providing a world-class education for our students and conducting research that benefits our society and world.”
Rankings were based on nominations from presidents of colleges, provosts and admissions deans who were asked to name up to ten schools that make the most ground-breaking improvements in terms of curriculum, faculty, technology and facilities.
UC Berkeley topped the list among public schools, followed by UC Los Angeles, University of Virginia, University of Michigan and University of North Carolina; while Princeton University topped the overall list, followed by Harvard University and Yale University.
- Hyundai announces battery leasing accord to trim down EV prices, coordinate reuse
- Samsung SDI to invest $849 million to expand EV battery plant in Hungary
- Pennsylvania Lottery on track to break revenue record: Drew Svitko
- Frigid temperatures & ice storms force Oklahoma Cherokee casinos to close again
- Former Las Vegas 311 Boyz gang member & his girlfriend nabbed in Idaho
New Zealand News
- First deliveries of all-electric Porsche in Australia to take place this weekend
- Crown Resorts suffers record six-month loss due to COVID-19 closures
- Australia’s Crown Resorts 'not suitable' for Sydney gaming license: Inquiry Commission
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More