See rare photo of a seal riding on back of a humpback whale
A rare and startling image has been captured by a photographer in which a seal is travelling on the back of a humpback whale. Robyn Malcolm was capturing images of whales off the coast of Eden, Australia, when she saw the whale and the seal.
A few weeks ago, Malcolm was travelling on a boat off the coast of Eden, which is a coast in New South Wales. According to her, the coast is especially famous for marine life. Usually, whale season starts in September; however, Malcolm said that her friend told that a lot of activity is there on the coast, together with birds, dolphins and seals.
Malcolm told ABC News, "All the animals were feeding in quite a frenzy and when they're feeding they're quite spectacular. Basically I had the camera on and was just clicking away madly because there was so much going on. I was just hoping that something would be in focus".
While capturing photos, Malcolm saw some strange activity on the water; however, she wasn't that sure about the creature. According to her, she realized that the rare image showing the whale with seal on its back has been captured by her when she was seeing her photos and deleting some.
Malcolm said that the whale may have dived for food and when it returned the seal happened to on top of it. People are asking about the authenticity of the image and the photographer says that she has kept the proof in her memory card.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More