Ford: 2016 Focus RS engine will put out 350 hp and 350 lb-ft of torque
In a recent statement, bigwig automaker Ford has revealed that its 2016 Focus RS will be a high performance hatchback, equipped with a 2.3-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder engine which will have the capability to put 350 horsepower (hp) and 350 lb-ft of torque.
The 2016 Focus RS will be Ford’s third-generation RS, which Ford has been teasing for quite a few months now. The rally-inspired hatchback is scheduled to hit the roads later this year.
The new Focus RS will be a 5-door hatchback which will be available in an all-wheel-drive system with a “drift mode;” and will come with only a six-speed manual transmission. It will also be fitted with a fuel-saving stop/start mechanism which will shut the engine off when the vehicle is in neutral and not moving at all.
The forthcoming 2016 Focus RS hatchback will be Ford's first RS for the US market, where the most powerful Ford hot hatch thus far has been the 252-horsepower Focus ST. However, the high-performance Focus RS nameplate has been available in the European markets since its launch in 2002.
Ford has built the 2016 Focus RS in collaboration with its three main performance divisions --- Special Vehicle Team (SVT) in the US; TeamRS in Europe; and Ford Performance Vehicles (FPV) in Australia.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More