Chipotle Mexican Grill recruits 1st chief information officer
Fast-casual chain Chipotle Mexican Grill has announced that it has roped in Curt Garner for the role of chief information officer. With an aim to improve the company’s mobile presence, Garner who has handled the same position at the Seattle-based coffee chain Starbucks has been hired.
With passage of time, a transformation has been seen in which mobile ordering and payment culture has been on rise in the fast food and fast casual industries. In comparison to Chipotle, outlets like Domino’s, Panera, Starbucks, and Taco Bell are quite rapidly making their presence felt in the mobile push.
Steve Ells, Chipotle’s founder, chairman and co-CEO, was of the view that they are changing the way people think about and have fast food. “As we look for ways to create efficiencies in our restaurants and improve the customer experience through the strategic use of technology, Curt’s experience and expertise make him an ideal and welcome addition to our management team”, affirmed Ells.
Garner has spent around 20 years at Starbucks and during that tenure, he handled many technology roles. In April, Chipotle having around 1,800 US locations have said that it is going to launch mobile ordering on Apple Watch mobile app.
Garner has appreciated Chipotle for investing to come up with such a great technology platform. They have already established their leadership in areas like food culture, people culture and unit economic model.
- Tesla’s Model 3 EV with 93-mile range being advertised on Canadian website
- Tesla delays deliveries of refreshed Model S and Model X electric vehicles
- Tesla offering 50% discount on Supercharging at night in California
- GM takes wraps off Hummer EV SUV version; International launch scheduled for 2023
- Toyota’s plug-in car sales in U.S. jump to almost 10,000 in first quarter of 2021
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
The Health Department of Northwest Michigan has...Read More
American gaming and hospitality giant Boyd Gaming...Read More
An American citizen who had boasted in front of an...Read More
Pushing the long-awaited Chicago casino project...Read More
A study was conducted to evaluate the effect a...Read More
Tech biggie Google’s recent filing with the US...Read More